Lego

2 Likes

I couldnā€™t justify spending $800 on the Millennium Falcon, when Lego rereleased that, and to be honest, I didnā€™t have the space for it either, but thisā€¦ this will be mine.

1 Like

I ordered the LEGO Voltron. Iā€™m bad.

4 Likes

Iā€™m likely gifting Voltron.

Good lord. It begins.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been trolling AliExpress for boot-LEGO that would work for Mobile Frame Zero. Yes gods is there a whole pile of knockoff stuff out there.

Yes, but do they lack in durability, solidness, or precision?

Many do, but some of the top knockoff brands are good enough - or at least, theyā€™re cheap enough that I wonā€™t care about lost quality for my purposes.

I came into work late today and picked it up on the way in. They had one on display at the Lego store. This thing is BIGā€¦ like 15-18" tall big.

Voltron01Voltron02

Well, itā€™s over 2000 pieces.

I know, but itā€™s one thing to conceptualize how big itā€™s going to be, itā€™s another to see it in person on display.

Lego Voltron is much more substantial than I imagined he was going to be.

Itā€™s a thread.

2 Likes

This is pretty damn cool!

ā€œMade from more than a million pieces, itā€™s the first fully functional, self-propelled life-size LEGO Technic car ever built. In fact, LEGO says itā€™s the first non-glued LEGO Technic model of such complexity ever made.ā€

Take my money LEGOā€¦

I love how they made the piece count 1969.

I think the Saturn V set has 1,969 pieces, which was definitely done on purpose. This set has 1,087 pieces. I donā€™t think thereā€™s a significance to that number, but I could be wrong.

Kudos to Lego for having a great sense of humor:

Oh no. Iā€™m moving and then I might actually have more shelf space.

Does anyone know the best way to sell a storage bin of bulk legos that also has random bits of megablox, army men, kā€™nex and ither detritus mixed in? is it worth trying to separate out bits to sell individually or just try to get the non-lego bits out and sell the box as is?