Houses and Home Ownership

Real talk: my riding mower is fun as fuck. It’s basically a go-kart and also spinning blades of death. It’s kinda hard to beat that.

4 Likes

Your mower obviously now needs to be studded with rusty spikes, adorned in mutilated skulls, outfitted with a quiver of exploding spears, and powered by a hopped up engine that breathes fire.

The grill needs a large welded together Baphomet bust so you can satisfy having a “goat” mow your lawn.

4 Likes

If my wife wouldn’t pretend to not know me if I did this, I would do this.

1 Like

Oh, I think we can take a crack.

2 Likes

Pete, we need to have a serious talk about what constitutes a go-kart. There’s not much go in that kart.

5 Likes

I mean it’s hard to beat, the laying in a hammock, on a Saturday morning instead of mowing a useless lawn.

2 Likes

I want to do an engine swap to make it usefully go.

Help me George, you’re my only hope.

3 Likes

Fuck, ok. I’ll take a welding class this fall and then we’ll get this done over the winter.

2 Likes

My friend builds and competes in the New England lawnmower racing circuit and so if you guys need any suggestions or help, I have some direct sources.

These guys are pushing these things to the limit of what constitutes a lawnmower but the engine swaps should still apply.

Here’s his channel while I’m thinking about it:

https://youtu.be/bP3jQmZFOq0

https://youtu.be/CBecKcdWlXo

4 Likes

You know what this means, my friend.

1 Like

By my deeds I honor him!

2 Likes

0140 EDT

I’m awake…why am I awake? There’s heavy rain, but that wouldn’t normally wake me up, definitely not keep me up. I sense a disturbance in the house, something is not right. A sound is missing right now…THE SUMP PUMP!!! Go down to the basement, water everywhere. The one sump pump hadn’t failed, but for some reason the water was going around it and across the basement floor to the sump pump on the far side of the basement. That guy was pulling double duty keeping the basement wet, but unflooded.

I’m throwing in the towel here, I need a water management expert. There’s just too many things wrong with this basement. I want a time machine so I can go back in time and beat the person about the head that decided to dig out the crawl space. What a fucking stupid idea. Now I have to deal with a house that’s trying to be a boat.

2 Likes

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh why did we do this again?

1 Like

Someone seems to have convinced us that home ownership was a sound investment. I think it was that fucker @Cremlian. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I blame that guy for so many things! :wink:

1 Like

Dammit Scott, take your turn!

I love how as soon as he warns us he’ll be busy we all immediately start taking our turns as fast as possible :wink:

I mean I always disclaimer my home buying advise with it’s WAY easier with a person who will provided expert free handyman services to your house :-p even better if a direct family member.

I know the feeling, but on a smaller skale. I feel like I counted the seconds to having everything unpacked, organized, and livable when we moved into the current apartment.

There was a good month where it was chaos chaos chaos everywhere.

3 Likes

Been in the house a few days now. Have solidified the opinion that the previous home owners have no business owning a home.

Item 151 on today’s glitch list: The hot and cold are connected backwards to the washing machine… I mean c’mon what the hell.

I guess I shouldn’t be all that surprised. This is after all the people that at closing handed me 4 keys with 3 different cuts that they said they were for the side door. I pointed out they are different keys, but they insisted they were all to the one door (because they lost the keys to the other doors). Naturally not a single one of them worked on any door in the house. At least they managed to give me their garage door code properly. Not like I was going to keep the old locks but still, I didn’t think handing keys over was going to be rocket science.

Ah the joys of discovery in a new place.

10 Likes