Gundam

Haro is real and it lives on the ISS.

This will be a crossover of multiple Gundam continuities.

No confirmations of anything yet, I think that was just art.

What boggles the mind is that they are making a G-Reco movie. Who is asking for this?!

Yoshiyuki Tomino.

It is confirmed. They even had a livestream presenting it.

Nobody wants this G-Reco garbage. Stick to what works. Universal Century or bust. Cosmic Era was only good for one show.

Not only is G-Reco terrible and nobody cares about it, this means the Tekkadan Movie isn’t about the mobile armor war. That’s a double bummer.

Counterpoint: Future Century, aka G Gundam, is also good.

2 Likes

No, it is the opposite of good.

Sorry, but I have a bunch of science here, and it says punching + robots + yelling = awesome.

2 Likes

All Gundam shows have those three things. By your logic Gundam F91 is also good.

It’s gotta be in the right ratio. Peanut butter and chocolate are both awesome in a Reese’s cup, but you wouldn’t see me eating a bowl of peanut butter with a single chocolate chip in it.

If I had to rank Gundams I actually watched, enjoyed, and remembered…

1 - 0080 War in the Pocket
2 - Gundam SEED
3 - …bunch of… various Gundams
…
99 - Gundam F91

You’re talking to someone who licks peanut butter off the knife.

Ya got me there. I guess there’s no accounting for taste.

You forgot 08 MS team Gundam being better than Seed :-p

2 Likes

I don’t remember 8th MS team much. I saw it once a long time ago.

you should rewatch it definitely is more of an old man Mecha show.

3 Likes

I second giving 08th MS Team another go. It’s definitely one of my favorites in the franchise.

G Gundam is Super Robot Fighting Tournament Anime wearing a Gundam suit. If you go in expecting a proper Gundam show you will be disappointed.

08th MS team would also be one of those series that I’d want in my collection.

Other Gundam’s I’d recommend:

Gundam Wing - A little dated in a lot of ways, but still a classic.
Gundam Unicorn - Modern addition to the UC
Gundam War in the Pocket and 8th MS team - Classics that hold up.
Gundam 00 - A nice palate cleanser after SEED destiny, sort of a “Proto-gundam”. The politics have more in common with Modern-Day Politics than traditional Federation (Ground) vs Zeon (Space) of the UC.
Gundam 0083 - If you want to see where the trend of “Gundam+Giant Starship frame” came from. You watch this more for the robots than the story.

Gundam I’m on the fence about:

Gundam IBO - Parts of the series sticks with you, but there is a lot of “Why did they do this?” moments. For every thoughtful commentary on child soldiers, there’s a “Is loving a 9-yro girl really wrong?”
Gundam SEED - It’s okay, and I like some of the Mech designs. The ending was kinda meh.
Gundam X - It’s an “off-brand” Gundam story, so you meet characters who are not-UC Gundam characters. It starts out very Mad Max-ish and builds its way back up to space. Saw it originally on bootlegs because it never got a proper sub/dub release. (I think that has changed in the intervening years, but I don’t have a desire to see it again.)

Gundam’s I want to see:

Gundam: Thunderbolt - Music-influenced Gundam in the vein of Cowboy Bebop but a lot bloodier.
Gundam Z, ZZ, and Victory - Mostly because they’ve been big chunks of the Gundam Franchise.

Gundam’s I’d advise skipping:

Gundam SEED Destiny - Obnoxious Characters and sort of dumps on what happened in SEED.

(Edited for clarity)

1 Like