GeekNights Wednesday - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Was it only a near miss? I thought the leg pee actually happened but it’s been a looong time. Either way thanks for the reminder of the waders bit XD.

WHAT DO YOU SEE

1 Like

The thing about tornadoes in the US is that most of them tend to only touch down in empty farmland and other unpopulated areas. There actually are “tornado chaser tours” where you can pay to be lead by “tornado experts” (quotes because I’m not sure how many of them are actual experts) to go hunting for tornadoes to watch. So yeah, it is possible to enjoy the majesty of a tornado without feeling guilty that it’s also going hurt people.

Of course, this doesn’t take away from the tragedy of when a tornado does happen to touch down in a populated area.

Even better, as I’ve mentioned many times on GeekNights, even in suburban areas they tend to follow roads for reasons.

I’ve watched tornadoes just amble down the street between houses. It’s amazing.

The sad part is that less permanent structures look more like roads than structures to a tornado. E.g., trailer parks.

I imagine in that universe New York is so great the Red Sox moved there. They’ve got the Sox, the Yankees, and the Mets.

Probably have 3-4 NHL teams too :wink:

You imagine that in this universe too, it’s just that reality doesn’t entirely bear that out.

1 Like

I mean in the Marvel Universe, New York has like 80% of all super heroes, so i mean it makes sense they would also eventually have 80% of the sports team.

I mean just to be a geek aside, in last years “Secret Empire” Hydra pretty much is able to take over the US, by literally throwing NYC into another dimension, so barely any heroes are left to stop them :-p

The boo ray is coming next month.

You really want to try putting Red Sox and Yankees fans in the same city?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?=OZAH3Ag4kuw

THESE TWO TEAMS?

1 Like

Maybe the Yankees took a page from the Dodgers playbook and moved to Florida?

Oscar winner: Best Animated Feature
Suck it, Disney.

Will be purchasing the digital version soon. Pretty smart timing to have it release after the Oscars.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-wUKu_V2Lk

1 Like

Finally saw this last night. It was really good (though the alternate spidies don’t have as much of a part as I had hoped) but my big take-away was that this was the first time since Scott Pilgrim that I felt like I was watching a comic book movie, and not just a movie based on a comic book.

2 Likes

Rewatched Spiderverse. The ending tickled me so hard

Seriously. Who did this?

:joy:

2 Likes