GeekNights Tuesday - Game Controllers

I think they made the ones it comes with.

I’m still quite happy with the SN30 Pro+. In our recent, frenetic plays of Hades, the rubbery top of the left thumbstick finally fell apart. We’ve had it for 3.5 years or so?

Repair was straightforward—the hard part is getting it open—and 8BitDo was happy to sell me replacement parts. The only wrinkle was that they warned replacement parts will take 2-4 weeks to ship—three weeks in my case.

1 Like

Then I noticed a button was sticking, and my thought was “I know how to open this, I can fix it!” Alas, taking it apart was fine, but I was a little too rough on the silicon button pad. Now to wait another three weeks for parts.

I figured I might as well replace the other silicon pad. If all goes well, I’ll have enough leftover parts for many years of repairs.

8BitDo also stopped selling the Pro, but now there’s a Pro 2.

Replacement silicone pads showed up, and the SN30 Pro+ is back to snappy perfection.

The interesting wrinkle this time around was that the original tracking number got flagged by the USPS as being shipped with counterfeit postage! 8BitDo claims it was it was a “system error”, but they eventually provided a second tracking number which worked. It still took 4 weeks to show up, however.

Now I have replacement thumb sticks and spare silicone pads for both D-pad and YXBA, so I should be all set for years to come.

1 Like