GeekNights Thursday - Chocolate

I have heard that since he took up a little climbing on the side, Rym’s eating habits have become…A little bolder.

5 Likes

2 Likes

It was like the powerpuff girls, but with goon, petrol, and a hash house harriers hymnal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ2fRE_nkak

So far they’ve only done cheese, deli meat, and chocolate. IIRC the guests have been perfectly right every time.

I say, bring out the big guns. Let’s get the fucking wine experts out there. And don’t give me any of that $5 night train vs. $50 fancy wine nonsense. I want to see $10 vs $100 vs $1000. Let’s see experts get it wrong. Also, more than two wines at a time. They gotta have worse than a 50/50 shot so they can’t luck out.

It’s worth noting that in that study (the only one I know of anyway) that’s always cited where the wine guys couldn’t tell the difference between cheap red and super expensive red, they were actually deceived. Instead of the labels being like blocked, they were asked to compare deliberately mislabeled bottles with the cheap labels containing expensive wine and vice versa.

I wonder how cheese, chocolate and meat man would do with the placebo effect against them.

1 Like

I would expect them to treat wine people the same as these other people. Everything identical except for the food. For wine, have it pre-poured/decanted into identical glasses. If they need the rest of it in the bottle, then transfer it into identical blank bottles. Otherwise even something like the shape or color of the glass itself could be a tipoff.

2 Likes