GeekNights Thursday - Chocolate

Tonight on GeekNights, it's Thursday (the lounge), where we talk about anything. And thus, tonight, we talk about chocolate. In the news, Star Wars Celebration is happening, Fujifilm's Instax Square cameras are coming, senators put forth a great bill in response to United being a horrible airline, but the GOP has been anti-airline-passenger for basically ever, and Canada is legalizing marijuana. Also, kilotons aren't tons. They're 1000 tons.

Scott's Youtube
Rym's Youtube

Things of the Day

Episode Links

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjAbCpj6eeQ

Kinder and Milka are hands down my favorite. I really need to find a local store that has it.

1 Like

We have them. Even the eggs with surprise inside

I don’t like normal dark chocolate because it falls into an uncanny valley between milk chocolate and real chocolate. When my dad went to Ecuador he brought back varying percentages of cocoa, and %100 is some dank shit. I like milk chocolate too, but super dark chocolate is beast.

[quote=“Apreche, post:5, topic:642, full:true”]
We have them. Even the eggs with surprise inside
[/quote]BULL-FUCKING-SHIT

@schezar send me some.

The toys inside are exceedingly lame now.

When were free toys that come with food ever not lame? That garbage in the Cracker Jack box? Shitty decoder ring in the cereal box?

Early '00s McDonalds toys were durable enough to be good dolls. Some of them even did stuff for a few days before they broke. That’s more than enough to amuse a seven year old.

2 Likes

I want a supercut opening with Rym saying “We don’t do news on Geeknights” followed by him saying “Got any news?” 100 times.

1 Like

Lufthansa fancy. Hahaha.

1 Like

Fancier than American domestic trash. The same way we think your normal everyday trains are fancy trains.

Always remember, if something has the word “candy” in it, it is NOT actually food. Chocolate vs chocolate candy is a whole different ballgame. Once you throw the candy word in there it could just be a hunk of brown sugar and it’s not misrepresentation.

The intro bit to this episode really makes me wonder how @SkeleRym has put up with @Apreche for fifteen minutes much less fifteen years.

1 Like

[quote=“panfriedmarmot, post:17, topic:642, full:true”]
The intro bit to this episode really makes me wonder how @Rym has put up with @Apreche for fifteen minutes much less fifteen years.
[/quote]In what specific sense? :wink:

Great! Thanks to this I finally have a correct understanding. Hooray for learning.

The more you know.