Games You are Currently Playing

I’m sure if you search Twitch you can find someone doing it quick right now.

Also, it could be you!

It could, but it would take more time than I care to spend practicing it.

The Council has released episode 4 if you are into old schoolish Adventure RPG/Puzzle games.

Also Xcom2 has released a free DLC that re-imagines some of the previous game’s maps There’s a mini-campaign mode.

I do hope if there’s a XCom3 they try a more modern take on Terror from the Deep. That looked like it had a lot of potential, but it hamstrung itself out of the gate badly.

Played 6 hours of the new Master of Orion last night since it’s on sale on Steam. I liked it quite a bit, put several thousand hours into MOO 2 as a kid. Definitely feels similar in a lot of ways heuristically, and it also feels a lot like the old game in that you can either play a bit loose and not be perfectly efficient, or be really into the minutia to win. Not sure why it got middling reviews… as a person that played the original game. It’s certainly not for everybody… and the one time I saw a friend playing MOO 2 who hadn’t played it for years it was agonizing to watch… so maybe it’s just that it’s too overwhelming?

I finally started EarthBound, and I’m totally digging its humor and vibe.

The Castlevania show on Netflix has gotten me really hype about the video game series in general. I’ve decided to start playing the NDS entries in the series: Dawn of Sorrow, Portrait of Ruin, and Order of Ecclesia.

I’ve beaten that game at least 40 times as a kid, enjoy it and have a blast.

They’re all good enough that I would play them all again.

Maybe I should play them all again.

Sounds like a good idea to me. I recently watched this video on this history of the Castlevania video game series and I never realized how many games there are before.

I recently replayed EarthBound for the first time since the SNES era, and found the inventory management system to be incredibly antiquated and cumbersome. The idea of each character having a very limited inventory space, and everything else needing to be stored in a vault that you don’t have easy access to all the time is so painful in retrospect.

Old Man Rym Voice: But that’s the way it was and we liked it!

I kept trying to play the GBA ones and I kept failing for some reason. If only I had bought them when they came out I probably would have beaten them, but i would probably be a lot less good at Mario Kart: Super Circuit.

Maybe I’ll put them back in the queue.

I never liked that. I was also mad I couldn’t have more than 99 potions in FF1.

99 potions you had to buy individually.

Tldw, still an amazing game but has bad things too.

Weird inventory is part of the charm, and this is definitely a different way to do it.

I’m trying to avoid FAQs but I did look up what a Skip Sandwich was.

Return of the Obra Dinn is haunting, intriguing, and straight up delightful to play. I finished in a single day long session. Go into it completely blind (and turn off pixel smoothing in the options).

I just hit Moonside.

Welcome to Moonside and Bye

And beat EarthBound! Now watching an EarthBound speedrun from GDQ 2018.