Games You are Currently Playing

Transphobia and general grossness in that game.

1 Like

Thanks, that is good info I was not aware of.

I started playing Darkest Dungeon way late to the party but I’m really enjoying it. I’m playing on easy which is still really tough, I doubt I’ll play on the normal or hard difficulties. It reminds me a lot of XCOMwhich I also enjoyed (on easy) and I’m sure I’m not the first to make that comparison. Playing games with rogue-like gameplay on easy seems to be my speed for that kind of game.

I broke my streak of never buying into an early access game to jump on Slay the Spire. Having a good time with it so far. Played two times with each character and I currently like the Silent the best, feels like I can just do more with her each turn than the others. I’ve been able to get to the second act each time so far, but have yet to beat the second boss. Based on initial impressions, this is the most fun I’ve had with a rogue-like in a long while.

I want it on the Switch.

I want it on the iPad.

2 Likes

Making my way through Dragon Quest XI, is more Dragon Quest and that is an excellent thing if you have infinite time to kill.

1 Like

Apparently Star Control: Origins came out and after playing a few hours today, it’s remarkably like Star Control 2 in game play and writing so far. The alien races are fun and it looks like super melee is pretty much as it was but with control support so we can play on a couch as well.

Launch Fighters!

I cannot in good conscience support Star Control Origins as it’s made by Stardock while they are suing the original creators of the franchise.

6 Likes

Not only that, but the founder, Brad Wardell is a shitty gamergater

5 Likes

Ok, this is good info. I knew the original creators were making a real game and the company that was suing them was making a different one. Now I know which is which.

1 Like

Has anyone made a reference page that you put in a game and it says what the deal is with the developers/publishers?

The first half alone of The Messenger is a really, really good game.

Daddy two halves.

1 Like

Oh no. I’ll have to keep playing.

This game is going to be great Done Quick some day.

I’m sure if you search Twitch you can find someone doing it quick right now.

Also, it could be you!

It could, but it would take more time than I care to spend practicing it.

The Council has released episode 4 if you are into old schoolish Adventure RPG/Puzzle games.

Also Xcom2 has released a free DLC that re-imagines some of the previous game’s maps There’s a mini-campaign mode.

I do hope if there’s a XCom3 they try a more modern take on Terror from the Deep. That looked like it had a lot of potential, but it hamstrung itself out of the gate badly.

Played 6 hours of the new Master of Orion last night since it’s on sale on Steam. I liked it quite a bit, put several thousand hours into MOO 2 as a kid. Definitely feels similar in a lot of ways heuristically, and it also feels a lot like the old game in that you can either play a bit loose and not be perfectly efficient, or be really into the minutia to win. Not sure why it got middling reviews… as a person that played the original game. It’s certainly not for everybody… and the one time I saw a friend playing MOO 2 who hadn’t played it for years it was agonizing to watch… so maybe it’s just that it’s too overwhelming?