Fuck the Police

It’s ridiculous, and I wont even put on the pretense of defending it.

2 Likes

Oh yeah but I saw it work several times over the years.

If you’re in Small Town, USA, there’s pretty much an implicit agreement that townies and friends of the police get away with shit if it’s up to the officer’s discretion. There’s a reason we stopped calling the cops on our neighbors drunken parties.

2 Likes

I mean, I know this is a fucked-up thing, and my response is also fucked up: this instance of corruption is pretty much insignificant compared to all the other myriad problems with police in the US.

I’ll care about this after racist power-hungry thugs with government-supplied guns stop murdering black people for being black.

4 Likes

Also, take as guess as to how far those cards get you if you ain’t white.

4 Likes

This entire thread…

3 Likes

I just saw a photo of one of these cards, and realized - if you can get a high-res photo of one, I could basically run these off all day, and nobody would know the difference. They’re trivially reproduced by anyone with a thermal retransfer printer.

Edit - Read between the lines.

3 Likes

I thought I had already posted it in here but I guess not. Here’s a podcast that focuses on police and related garbage: https://www.fsckemall.com/

Just what in the fuck!

1 Like

Truth: Detroit police trick a few businesses into giving them a few thousand bucks. Give them nothing in return. How can they know they have higher 911 priority or not? How often are they calling 911?

2 Likes

While probably true to a certain extent, even advertising such a service is highly unethical and undermines trust of the general public in police services. This can be interpreted as either bribery or racketeering, and both are highly illegal activities.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/HmEtR17A6ck?t=105

1 Like

2 Likes
1 Like

With all the reports of police causing harm, figure we could toss in a story of police simply not doing their job. Can’t tell you how many times I hear a story of someone having to do their own detective work, usually to find stolen goods. Then the police won’t even lift a finger when someone is caught red handed.

4 Likes

Ugh… with all the stories of all the bad cops out there, I could really use some stories about good cops. I’m not even talking about Serpico levels of goodness, but just one cop who honorably does his job – perhaps even going over and above the call of duty.

Yes, I know this isn’t the thread for that… but I get more and more depressed when I read stuff like this (yet I still want to keep tabs on it for civil rights defense reasons).

Thing is, I think the majority of cops probably are at least reasonably honorable in that they don’t come across any situations on a regular basis that would result in them acting dishonorable. My main problem is the whole “Thin Blue Line” thing where even the honorable ones usually even refuse to call out the bad apples in their midst. Yes, maybe they are acting honorably, but by defending the dishonorable ones, it still makes them look awful.

“With great power comes great responsibility” applies to both Spiderman and cops. Unfortunately, it seems like too many of them don’t care about the responsibility part.

Here you go:

3 Likes

Story of a good cop being fired by the rest of the shitty cops:

1 Like