Fuck the Police

With all the reports of police causing harm, figure we could toss in a story of police simply not doing their job. Can’t tell you how many times I hear a story of someone having to do their own detective work, usually to find stolen goods. Then the police won’t even lift a finger when someone is caught red handed.

Ugh… with all the stories of all the bad cops out there, I could really use some stories about good cops. I’m not even talking about Serpico levels of goodness, but just one cop who honorably does his job – perhaps even going over and above the call of duty.

Yes, I know this isn’t the thread for that… but I get more and more depressed when I read stuff like this (yet I still want to keep tabs on it for civil rights defense reasons).

Thing is, I think the majority of cops probably are at least reasonably honorable in that they don’t come across any situations on a regular basis that would result in them acting dishonorable. My main problem is the whole “Thin Blue Line” thing where even the honorable ones usually even refuse to call out the bad apples in their midst. Yes, maybe they are acting honorably, but by defending the dishonorable ones, it still makes them look awful.

“With great power comes great responsibility” applies to both Spiderman and cops. Unfortunately, it seems like too many of them don’t care about the responsibility part.

Here you go:

Story of a good cop being fired by the rest of the shitty cops:

Yeahhhhhh.

Cops don’t get no sympathy from me these days.

As evidence, Ayres provided Facebook photos of the man holding up his fist. The officer wrote that the man’s “Black Power salute” and his “support for anti-racist activism” demonstrated his “intent and motivation to violate the civil rights” of the neo-Nazi group. He was ultimately not charged.

Heh, first time in recent memory CT actually has it together and big brother NY doesn’t. Get it together guys.

A bunch of states need to get it together here. Admittedly, Hanlon’s Razor comes into play in this case (i.e. it’s like this because no one thought about this being a problem, vs. people thinking it’s actually okay), but given how there certainly are problems with this sort of thing, the various states need to get off their collective butts and do something about it.

Ugh… here’s a story of a cop who, by all reasonable measures, absolutely did the right thing here (and it was a white cop dealing with a black suspect, no less) and ended up getting fired and smeared for it.

At least he won his lawsuit, but still…

CW: there are photos of the burns