Fuck the Police

Not sure if this quite counts as a “fuck the police” story, but…

Basically, one group of undercover cops was posing as drug dealers while another group was posting as drug buyers and neither group knew that the other was composed of cops. Hi-jinks ensue.

2 Likes

The Man Who Was Thursday (1908)

3 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQUOgU4lA0g

This happened a while back but the owner of the house is still working on compensation for having his house blown up.

Also:
“To retrieve the robot, an officer attempted to throw a flashbang grenade upstairs toward Seacat to create a diversion. However, the grenade bounced back downstairs toward the team of officers, forcing them to scatter and retreat. The official report states that the grenade ‘failed to land in its desired location.’ Eventually, a second robot was used to retrieve the first one.”

1 Like
2 Likes

How… Wha… How does anyone in this day and age, let alone cops, not know what marijuana looks like? Everyone knows what marijuana looks like. My 92 year old GRANDMOTHER knows what marijuana looks like.

3 Likes

I fucking hate this.

This one was really hard to watch.

I couldn’t go through it, I can’t put myself through that.

1 Like

He’s given several conflicting orders, ones that if he complied with all of them (if he even could) would leave him extremely off balance and possibly fall over, getting him shot anyway.

2 Likes

That cop wanted to shoot him. He was looking for an excuse, and when he failed to get one, he created the excuse.

6 Likes

So… I’m having a slight issue. I don’t wanna dehumanize people. At All Full Stop.

I don’t wanna dehumanize republicans.

I don’t wanna dehumanize donald drumpf.

And I don’t wanna dehumanize the police.

I’m not sure how I hold on to that after having watched that. It’s really hard to see them as anything but monsters.

Can I ask a serious question: why would you ever watch such a video? As soon as I see any link to any video of police brutality, the most natural thing for me is to just not click it. I’ve never watched anyone be shot or killed or beaten by anyone. Same with graphic videos of people driving cars into protests and stuff like that. What good do you think will ever come of watching it yourself?

2 Likes

I mean. I don’t have a positive answer for you. I can say that I’ve heard what you say before. From republican family who mostly insist that when police kill people, it’s because they had no choice/were resisting/were bad people. I sometimes watch these videos so I can judge for myself.

I also do not watch most of the time. Definitely didn’t watch this one.

Some people have morbid curiosity, and some don’t.

I also did not smell the bamboo.

See, that’s what I don’t understand. What does your mind tell you is important about you judging this for yourself?

How can I reasonably dispute someone saying “I trust police, yeah they sometimes make mistakes but all in all I trust them not to kill people unreasonably” I need to be able to know what videos to watch and what transpired within them so I can point to counterexamples of their view.

Worse still I can’t just point to Rodney King and be done with it because “that was a long time ago, things have changed” So I also try and have one in recent memory.