Fuck the Police

Yeah man, I didn’t know that cameras recorded when off but after reading the caption and watching the video I deduced that they record all the time and probably don’t start saving until someone turns on the camera but then that also recorded whatever was still in the video buffer from before you hit record.

Yes, as others have said, the camera records all the time. What you are probably wondering is why? Why do that? I will tell you.

It takes time for the camera to start recording if it’s actually off. Even fancy digital cameras have significant boot times. If you press the record button, you actually won’t get any footage at all for maybe a few seconds. Constantly recording doesn’t cost much.

Also, the real question is, why are cops even able to turn these cameras off to begin with? Why doesn’t it record 100% of their time on the job no matter what?

5 Likes

Only reason I can think of is so that it doesn’t record them going to the bathroom or something… but even I think that’s a silly reason.

The usual excuse I hear is to protect the privacy of the people they interact with.

Ah, well that explains a lot then, I had no idea a digital video camera had that much of a lag time. But I totally agree that the cameras should not be able to be turned off by the individual officer. Privacy is not an excuse. The convenience store or bank security camera doesn’t turn off and records everything. And for the bathroom well… unfortunately your streetcart burrito shits are going to be archived. Better that than letting bad cops get away with this kind of crap.

1 Like

The reason for this sign.

3 Likes

Not to be that guy but shouldn’t these signs have been going up before the white person got shot? I mean its good that they are pointing out the trigger happy police but yeah.

Not sure how this isn’t making bigger waves:

Part 2:

Three more parts to come.

2 Likes

It’s crazy that he gets fired but the actual cops that shoot black people don’t.

4 Likes

Next smart idea. Lets piss off hospitals and arrest nurses for no reason. Don’t worry though he wasn’t susspended.

They don’t have body cams so they can cover that up much more easily.

Plus he said it to a white person. Bad move on his part.

https://youtu.be/YSNb6NPoCy0

I am not a lawyer this is not legal advice:
Yeah, basically. Deal with whatever they throw at you then sue, fighting back gives them something lawful to throw at you. (resisting arrest shouldn’t be a crime, IMO but that’s the country we live in)

And don’t be POC

3 Likes

That’s the only option and don’t expect much compensation regardless.

Remember how James Blake, the former pro tennis player, got tackled for standing casually next a hotel lobby? Or Thabo Sefolosha, the NBA player, who got his leg broken for standing too close to the perimeter of a crime scene? Which also ruined his NBA team’s chances at the championship because he was a key defensive stopper on the 2nd best team in the East.

Both are half black model citizens that were literally just standing there. They both had enormous resources to fight the NYPD and both settled after vowing to fight to the end. The police will never admit wrongdoing.

1 Like
4 Likes

https://twitter.com/Choco_Optimus/status/906686851079180288

7 Likes