Fuck the Police

Here we go again.

FWIW, they were apparently belligerent and tried to sit in the premium seats without paying, repeatedly. Any airline would have had them off and/or police involved eventually.

[quote=“SkeleRym, post:23, topic:632, full:true”]
FWIW, they were apparently belligerent and tried to sit in the premium seats without paying, repeatedly. Any airline would have had them off and/or police involved eventually.
[/quote]150% they got kicked off for poor behavior, and are now trying to take advantage of still-simmering internet outrage because they didn’t get what they wanted.

United has paid Dao for the damages.

Also, as a result of the incident, Southwest will no longer overbook.

That’s a weird response by Southwest, as this whole thing wasn’t caused by overbooking. It was a full flight, fully boarded, and THEN four United crew members turned up who wanted to fly. It wasn’t about too many paying passengers, it was about United crew being given priority over the health of already-boarded passengers.

2 Likes

[quote=“lukeburrage, post:26, topic:632”]
It wasn’t about too many paying passengers, it was about United crew being given priority over the health of already-boarded passengers.
[/quote]Unfortunately, that’s pretty much required for them to do. The rules about how they can transport staff when they’re on duty, be it actively on the line, or being transported to the base they’re running out of that day, are quite strict, no whanging them in a taxi and carting them off to wherever. It’s not so much a matter of giving preference, as meeting their legal and contractual obligations. And it’s also the one part with Dao that was above board - they are allowed to bump boarded passengers for valid operational reasons, and that’s a valid operational reason.

Sure. Good points. But still nothing to do with overbooking!

Try explaining that to the public writ large.

[quote=“VictorFrost, post:29, topic:632, full:true”]
Try explaining that to the public writ large.
[/quote]I might be a bit of a maniac, but I’m not that fucking mad mate.

1 Like

The thing that gets me here is that he was already on the plane. I have no issue with them bumping people for valid operational reasons when they’re not on the plane but he was on the plane. For a whole host of reasons he never should have been. They should have dealt with this before he got on.

But fine, you’ve got a full plane and now you have to bump people for operational reasons. Boy, it sucks to be you. I sympathize to the extent I’m capable of sympathizing with something bigger than a single person but you still have options here. The really obvious choice is start offering people cash. But I see the shareholders aren’t really cool with that, fine, fine, I get it.

How about you make up some reason why everyone has to get off the plane? Does it suck more for you and everyone aboard? Yep. Is it way better than calling the cops and effectively beating him until he gets off the plane sparking national outrage? You betcha.

Next time don’t fuck up in the first place or start giving cash.

The only time I like the police is when I see these kinds of stories.

http://wfla.com/2017/07/05/cops-respond-to-slip-n-slide-complaint-end-up-joining-in-on-fun/

4 Likes

Some sort of witch craft at work here that turns a 5’2 girl into a 5’10 man with a machete. But don’t worry they put the dog on her. Fuck sake are they even trying to hide the corruption and just bullshit anymore?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/%E2%80%98i-told-him-i-can%E2%80%99t-breathe%E2%80%99-police-punch-teen-girl-after-mistaking-her-for-black-male-suspect/ar-BBEj5wP

1 Like

What in the fuck?!

2 Likes

I took a break from the insanity but yeah, just what the fuck is going on eh?

Don’t forget that it was a black Muslim man who shot her.

3 Likes

It looks like he thought it was off when he planted the drugs and then went to turn it on when he was gonna drag the “suspect” over and show him the drugs he “found” and instead turned it off. Idiot.

Clearly you didn’t read the caption.

Is it supposed to say before DE-activation? It’s obvious that the cop is planting drugs and tried to manipulate cam footage and failed but the caption is fit into a tweet and not terribly clear. The way it’s worded it sounds like the camera records when it’s off.

A lot of cameras like that DO record even when they’re off. They continuously record a 30 second buffer, so if you suddenly “start recording” it has the 30 seconds leading up to that moment.

Even my Marantz has that option.

1 Like