Fuck the Police

It’d be gauche to call for violence, but at this point the cops have made their position clear. If they can’t have power they won’t protect anyone. Everyone needs to protect themselves and each other, especially minority and impoverished communities.

1 Like

Fatal shooting at Injustice Park tonight. One dead, one in critical condition after a man opened fire on protesters. Armed protesters returned fire and subdued the gunman. Police arrived at their own pace (despite snipers having positions on various buildings around the park at all times) and cleared the park.

And to be fucking frank, thank fucking God for those armed protesters. I was there earlier and felt completely at ease with them around.

Video, warning NSFL: Facebook

Update: LMPD cleared Injustice Park and by that I mean they piled tents, supplies, and personal effects into dump trucks and dumped them at a waste disposal location, saying people can claim their belongings there. LMPD also stated on Facebook that people could no longer stay overnight in the park.

Fucking convenient if you ask me considering a group of outside agitators had planned to show up armed to ‘take back’ ‘their’ streets from the protesters, but (probably wisely) reconsidered after they showed up in pitiful numbers and with no leader. Then they declare “OP Success!” on Twitter but won’t take any discussion like cowards.

So, it’s cool that the armed security was there. It’s a shame they weren’t able to return the favor, and that the cops rolled in at all.

1 Like

I think they were very disciplined to understand their target and what was beyond it. Over penetration and spread are a concern for the two most common weapons I saw people carrying, besides shot aim when adrenaline kicks in.

3 Likes
1 Like

I actually left the second one shortly before that. There was one cop itching to hurt people from the start, even pointing at folks threateningly.

Meanwhile, outside the U.S…

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/federal-agents-unleash-militarized-crackdown-on-portland/ar-BB16RViK?ocid=sf
This is why the Proletariat must be armed.

2 Likes

Literally GeStaPo (Geheime Staatspolizei, secret state police).

2 Likes

This was… interesting.

The “hate” part of it has since been retracted and it’s being investigated simply as vandalism, but the weird part to me is a more theoretical thing that this proves – putting up a Nazi war monument is perfectly legal, but spray painting on it “Nazi War Monument” is a crime…

Reminds me of one of the conclusions in this video by Innuendo Studios

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P55t6eryY3g

It’s ~10 min in, but TLDR, the alt-right uses irony and “jokes” to inculcate Nazi ideology. Once they’ve established themselves into a group, tolerance of Nazis becomes “apolitical”, and taking active actions against Nazis is “making things political”

It also speaks to how the general public (and law enforcement in higher proportion), considers identity and ideology interchangeable. BLM and white supremacy are both described as “the wrong expression of identity”, which is used to condemn BLM and to forgive white supremacy.

1 Like

Darn that Liberal Media!

3 Likes