Forum Job Board

I didn’t know so many of us were in the greater Boston area. Huh. Ya’ll wanna grab a beer sometime?

2 Likes

I’m up for it, should we start a meetup thread or take this to a PM thread?

2 Likes

Berlin, Prague and Stockholm are all English speaking cities, with regards to moving there to work.

That, is actually a good point, and so I’m even willing to take that as a bit of crutch. I am also assuming I would not be needing to start with any real Mandarin or Japanese or Korean et al. skills either, as far as work is impacted. And that’s good, I would want the work to be somewhat independent of my inevitable struggle to learn the local tongue. Point is, going to a place outside the Anglosphere, even if many urban people will be able to function in English just fine, should start to introduce some definite lingual and cultural shifts and opportunities to expand and learn.

Can I immersively learn a new language just hanging out in certain parts of NYC? Maybe so. But at the end of the day for all its wonders, you’re all still in New England.

Spending time in Canada doesn’t really provide a kid from the US much of a different look at the world. A week in Czechia doing business really was something else. Sure I can get by in Prague 1 almost as if in Boston, but, do anything much outside there and it really seemed to help knowing some Czech.

Wherever you take this, add me as well.

Haven’t been on here in a while!

So! The tiny game studio that I work for is looking for someone to join our engineering team, preferably someone with a large amount of game development/Unity experience to help us ship our current title. We are close to release, but with one of our developers moving to Sweden (!!!), we need someone to wrap up the last few features and support the game through the Steam Early Access period (and hopefully work on the next project as well).

The salary is competitive, the team awesome; we are based in White Plains, NY, so I especially encourage anyone who is in the greater NYC area to apply. The director likes everyone in-house to foster team collaboration, but I’m sure if a candidate is qualified enough we could discuss working remotely.

Please apply to jobs@windygames.net with the subject line “Game Programmer Applicant: [YOUR NAME]”.

5 Likes

I wish I had enough experience to apply for that job. I’ve done enough in Unity to know basics, but not enough to jump into the end of a large project.

I think the writing is on the wall in my department - I may be on the lookout for a position in the Web Publishing/Web Content field in the northern Metro Boston area.

Is there any new hotness that I should be brushing up on nowadays?

1 Like

Stuff like always gives me an itch to learn cobol. Maybe write some new systems at work in it, make it so they really can’t get rid of me!

Booz Allen Hamilton is hiring all kinds of cyber security professionals. If you live in the DC metro area and are interested, let me know. Right out of college is no problem as long as you had a IT/programming degree.

Bloomberg is hiring in New York! There is a recruiting event April 15th that you can sign up for by April 1st.

This program, targeted toward financial professionals, is an opportunity to connect with managers across our Financial Products businesses, members of our employee resource groups – specifically the Black Professionals and the Latino Communities at Bloomberg – as well as fellow attendees.

Following the event, participants may be encouraged to apply for a permanent role within our Financial Products department

Rym probably gets some kind of cash incentive if you get hired with his referral. Make him share it with you.

If you come work with me, it’s significantly less evil and I also get some kind of bonus (not sure what it is) that I promise to share with you.

2 Likes

I do not. The goal here specifically is to get a more diverse pool of applicants.

In that case, come work with me instead. It is a significantly smaller and less evil company. Also, I promise to share some/most of the hiring referral bonus, whatever it is.

1 Like

And if you’re in Boston and wanna work for a fairly established but still growing UCaaS company, HMU.

1 Like

Similarly, if you’re in Boston, good with C++, and want to work on a growing, but profitable computer storage company, hit me up as well.

Note that the software engineering jobs aren’t listed on the main website for some reason, but we are actively interviewing people right now. So feel free to send me your resume directly if you’re interested and I can let you know if you match what we’re looking for, at least at first glance.

My company is looking for someone willing to work in Delaware to work on Communications and video editing. Let me know if that is your thing.

Assuming any of you guys are still looking in December when I graduate. I’ll be looking around.

If you are looking for a Biology/lab related job, my company has locations all throughout the world and I will get a small bonus if you use me as a referral and stay there for 6 months so ping me if your looking for work.