Fail of Your Day

Oh, I thought you meant the usb/lightning cable. Yeah you never really see one without some type of circuit breaker, but AFAIK those a designed more for surges on the input side (like a lightning strike) than a short on the output. And unless you buy a fancy one for a specific purpose you probably shouldn’t trust it to do too much anyways.

[quote=“Ikatono, post:248, topic:210, full:true”]
Oh, I thought you meant the usb/lightning cable. Yeah you never really see one without some type of circuit breaker, but AFAIK those a designed more for surges on the input side (like a lightning strike) than a short on the output. And unless you buy a fancy one for a specific purpose you probably shouldn’t trust it to do too much anyways.
[/quote]Not quite what I mean, you’re talking about surge protectors, the ones I mean have a safety switch, much like the RCD in your house or the like, albeit a much smaller one than the kind you’d see in a home circuit. A short or other similar sort of thing usually trips them. But I guess that answers my question either way, then.

Home deliveries to be banned for online knife sales. Because I guess the UK government forgot people already have kitchens with knives readily accessable?

That just means they’re going to retroactively go back and re-edit all those ninja turtles cartoons.

Now Leonardo and Raphael are just holding large spoons.

Nah, Raphael will be censored when forks get deemed too dangerous.

I had to quit my job because anxiety gave me too many panic attacks while I was on duty.

Shit man that sucks I feel your pain. Sorry buddy.

Twitter is sending out Email invitations to join the Dark Side.

Those are customized based on who else you follow. Twitter’s not pushing anything, there’s just an algorithm that thinks you’re a Trumpeter.

I don’t follow them, though. I mainly watch Rym’s feed.

If you’re on political Twitter it’s likely to recommend those. My Jackson account gets recommended them because he follows all politicians and news outlets. My personal account doesn’t get the same suggestions because it’s pivoting away from politics.

My divorce has been finalized… :frowning:

My phone has become unto a brick. Which means my second factor is out of commission for a lot of sites for the next week.

Well today is my birthday and I found out that a girl who I had been seeing, and decided she needed to focus on work, was in fact seeing someone else. Rather than you know working on her nursing qualifications she was seeing someone else. The reason why she saw me was quote ‘foreigners are good for fun but not for marriage’. Yeah thats a great birthday present.

Sorry Amp, that’s really shitty.

3 Likes

Was not a good feeling to say the least. And the dude she is getting with is ten years older, she is 24. The reason being is that he has a good job and is Japanese. Its sort of one of those things you get here but it doesn’t stop it from sucking.

Edit; I feel that I should add a point here. This isn’t every girl in Japan. Its just one of those things that happens where some people are looking for more stability and what they know. I’m worried I came across badly there. It was just born out of this big frustration that this wasn’t the first time it has happened to me, or some of my friends. I get where she is coming from but it just hurts. So I’m sorry if I sounded like a nob.

Nope. It’s one of those things that is a negative stereotype, but is also occasionally true. It’s not being a nob to just mention it when it actually happened to you.

2 Likes

Ah well cheers for that one.