Covid-19

Djokovic’s positive test results gets even more fishy… undone by a Unix epoch time stamp in the url?

The full article:

2 Likes

Kind of dissapointing that this drama is distracting from the actual tennis.

Well I posted it while watching an epic 15-13 tie break in a three hour match to set up a final against Andy Murray… if you’re into tennis there’s still plenty of it happening even while Djokovic is taking up all the other space.

Yeah, I saw some of it. I’m just saying media wise, this story is taking the air out of the room.

It’s the most publicity mens tennis has gotten since the last time Djokovic fucked up.

1 Like

This is the… third time they’ve not let him in now?

Get 4 free tests delivered to your door, if you’re in the US:

3 Likes

Way ahead of you.

Ditto

Here are 15 characters.

Well, shit.

1 Like

lol Basic hygiene and Vaccines, letsa go.

1 Like

At least they picked Greek instead of the Latin alphabet, we’ll get to the end 2 variants faster.

2 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

My State, Utah, has pulled rapid antigen tests from State-sponsored free testing locations due to the finding that “out of every 100 people who were confirmed positive for COVID-19 through a lab-processed PCR test, only 38% tested positive on the GenBody rapid antigen test used since late last year, a much higher rate for false negatives than expected.” So, that sucks as far as the money the State has wasted (via Federal funds) on inaccurate tests that produce an unacceptable rate of false-negatives and have been in use for quite some time.

However the more concerning implication of this development that I’m concerned about is that it coincides with the Governor and State health officials being increasingly bold with the attitude of “our testing capacity is maxed out so don’t bother trying to get tested, just assume that if you feel sick you probably have Covid-19 so take appropriate precautions and isolate.” There is so much to be infuriated by with that attitude. We won’t know how wide the spread of Covid-19 is in the State, you are counting on people to “do the right thing” proactively for the good of others (there is a minority, but active subset of the population who has already demonstrated an inability & unwillingness to act on this type of advice), and it presages an official move to “Covid-19 is endemic, why do anything except just return to life as before 100%”.

Coincidental to this development locally I just read news that a former co-worker who was in his mid-40’s and very healthy had been in the hospital since Christmas with Covid-19 and died yesterday. I don’t know his vaccination status but it still drives home the human reality behind the statistics.

1 Like

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41579-021-00642-4

The SARS-CoV-2 pandemic has seen a notable global reduction in influenza cases of both influenza A and B viruses. In particular, the B/Yamagata lineage has not been isolated from April 2020 to August 2021, suggesting that this influenza lineage may have become extinct, which may provide opportunities for improving availability and effectiveness of influenza vaccines.

1 Like