Covid-19

Wait, unless there was a bill recently that changed the fundamentals of math, Iā€™m pretty sure that in a 53-45-2 senate, being down five senators still leaves them three votes ahead on party lines, and one vote ahead if you include the two independents - Sanders(When heā€™s not on the campaign trail) and King - who usually vote with the democrats.

We may see more people self-quarantine or get ordered to by their doctors. Apparently Rand was at the gym, the pool, and hobnobbing around in the days before he was tested and even right before he got his results.

I do wish him a speedy recovery and hope thereā€™s no complications considering his altercation with a neighbor last year.

Theyā€™ll set up remote voting like they should have a long time ago. Theyā€™re mostly old, itā€™s crazy they werenā€™t isolating already.

I think thatā€™s likely, but Iā€™m also not gonna be counting any chickens just yet. Itā€™s not unusual for pollies to hang about with each other despite party affiliation, and it doesnā€™t pay much attention to ideological differences. Next one down could just as easily be a democrat as a republican.

1 Like

Hello from Singapore mere hours before they close the airport for all flights. Iā€™m on the last flight of Qantas QF1 from Sydney to London. It got kinda emotional when the crew announced this might be their last flight until September, with an actual genuine applause for the crew, unlike the halfhearted clapping you sometimes hear from American passengers when the pilot lands.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-DfE0TiSeo/?igshid=12mba4kaja5je

3 Likes

Good luck. Hope you get home safely.

Good luck, dude. Stay safe out there.

How long is the flight from Sydney to London?

Holy shit. September? Wow.

I hope you get home safe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PI_iPuqQ5M

4 Likes

I regret that I can only give this one like. My mind is is expanded :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSYBHMIZ1Q8

GameStop actually tried to flag this video.

1 Like

Looks like the GOP is now actually trying to make it palpable that 9 million americans will likely die but that is a sacrifice necessary to save the economy. They are ready to accept (if not perpetrate) a fucking holocaust.

2 Likes

Of course, that rhetoric completely overlooks the fact that ā€œjust continue with your life and some may get sick and dieā€ will still have significant economic impact. Masses of individual workers out sick, caring for loved ones, or dead causes significant immediate and long-term impact to business. It is a false choice.

4 Likes

Looks like the Olympics will be postponed a year. The IOC can go fuck itself, but this is the right decision.

1 Like

19 and a bit hours direct, but assuming heā€™s getting either a connecting(since direct flights of that length arenā€™t the most common) or pulling in for a refueling stop(Middle east is most common), figure on minimum 23-24 hours travel time. Itā€™s just crossed 8:15am here, so itā€™s about 11 in Auckland, so heā€™ll be Sydney bound in about two hours.

1 Like

Mint the Fucking Coin

1 Like