Concerts

Old Forum thread

Dorothy was OK. I went for the first half hour and left. Still love the band, still bought a tee shirt, but I wasn’t in the mood for a normal concert tonight, which is what they delivered.

I’m planning so many shows right now:

*Feb 16, Irving Plaza in NYC
Decibel Magazine Tour with Enslaved and Myrkur

*Feb 18, St Vitus in Brooklyn
Street Sects, Lingua Ignota, (both of whom I’m hype for) plus UNIFORM and Anatomy

*Mar 31, Grammercy Theater in NYC
WATAIN!!!

*May 6, Irving Plaza in NYC
Carpenter Brut

There are some more in mind but these are definites.

1 Like

January 24th… Nils Frahm. Really looking forward to this one. Turns out lots of other people in Berlin are excited too, as he added something like four extra nights of shows.

1 Like

https://instagram.com/p/BeWQoP5F5aH/

Nils Frahm was excellent. Also, god damn, the camera on my new iPhone X is spectacular compared to my iPhone 6.

1 Like

Titus Andronicus acoustic show tonight!

Never gonna give you up,
Never gonna let you down,
Never gonna turn around and desert you…

Yes, he’s touring the USA…

https://www.theanthemdc.com/event/1624560?utm_source=MEL&utm_medium=254970

Miku in DC later this year.

Going to see Grizzly Bear and Jens Lekman tomorrow. I am ready for those lovely harmonies.

One thing I like about getting older is that the bands I want to see book their gigs in the performing arts center, which has plushy chairs, rather than in stand-up venues. They also never crank the sound to earplug level in QPAC.

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
YOU (AN ACTUAL HUMAN BEING) SHOW UP AT THE BOX OFFICE, INTERACT WITH THE TICKET SELLER (ANOTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEING) AND PURCHASE UP TO FOUR TICKETS THAT WILL ACTUALLY BE HANDED TO YOU ON THE SPOT. THE TICKETS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ONLINE OR ANYWHERE ELSE BEFORE OR DURING THAT DAY. ALL SEATS (INCLUDING THE BEST SEATS) WILL BE AVAILABLE FIRST COME, FIRST SERVE. YOU MAY ACTUALLY ENCOUNTER OTHER ACTUAL HUMAN BEINGS WITH SIMILAR INTERESTS LIKELY WEARING BLACK CLOTHING DURING THE PROCESS AND POTENTIALLY INTERACT WITH THEM. THE EXPERIENCE HAS THE POTENTIAL* TO BE ENJOYABLE. NINE INCH NAILS HAS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST AND GOOD TIMES.**

ANY REMAINING TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT A LATER DATE.

*NOT GUARANTEED
**NOT ENTIRELY TRUE

1 Like

Oooo, hope one of the dates is in Seattle. Would be nice to see them a third time.

Just got back from seeing That Handsome Devil live. They put it a hilariously entertaining show.

2 Likes

Turns out that they’re going to be playing at the festival I’m going to this summer. Denki Groove (who did some of the music for Eureka 7) is gonna be there too. I’m really looking forward to it

1 Like

The Polysics are also playing there, they are definitely worth a watch.

I’m not familiar with them, but I’ll give them a listen.

Gaslight Anthem just announced a new date for their reunion tour in Boston on August 17. Tickets go on sale Friday.

After forgetting to go to the Brian Fallon concert in May and missing out on the Gaslight reunion in August, the universe has forgiven me and I now have tickets to see Brian Fallon with Craig Finn opening in October. Hopefully I won’t screw this one up.

Richard Thompson coming to Boston November 14.

1 Like

Greg von Teig is playing Goorin Bros Hat Shop Newbury St location next Wednesday 5-7 for anyone who lives in the Boston area. Last show apparently.

2 Likes

Minzy coming to NY, but I’ll be at PAX Unplugged.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNTcs6jTPv/?utm_source=ig_embed

Macross 82-99 and Yung Bae coming to Brooklyn on October 20 the night before I fly to a tropical island vacation.

Crush coming to NYC on Black Friday.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoZs9mQnr4J/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That’s three concerts coming to NYC that I would go to, but can’t.

Luckily, there is one more that I was able to get tickets to by purchasing them immediately after I saw that my calendar had an opening. Joe Hisaishi, the Ghibli composer, at Carnegie Hall on November 11. It’s not Ghibli OST music, it’s something else, but who cares?

Actually I just found out he is doing two concerts of actual Ghibli music. They are a week earlier on November 2 and 3. The thing is, they are limited availability and super expensive, so that’s fine.