Civilization V GMR Game

Yea I noticed this too, so funny. Wonder if it actually works. ALSO funny that it warns you that they games could take weeks or Months… (looks at the CIV5 game we were playing that literally lasted 3 years.)

There’s also a sale on 2K games right now, which includes Civ VI gold. If people were inclined to upgrade (if they haven’t already)

In my experience so far it works fine, though the notification system isn’t quite up to par. As far as I know it’s only in the Steam client and doesn’t have an option to email you, which I think shows up in that @SkeleRym took his turn in the PYDT game and not the “Play by Cloud” game.

Yeah, I really wish there was some additional notification options outside of the steam client. Hell even the steam app would be something, it already knows about the game if you dig into the menus.

Oh shit, it’s my turn?

Given that the aforementioned “Play by Cloud” game broke and dropped zibbelcoot and me without any obvious explanation, it’s pretty clear now that PYDT is a much more reliable way to go. Disappointing, but ultimately PYDT is quite usable and has the essential features, so there’s not really a reason to use anything else.

1 Like