Change a letter

After scouring first, Hat disguises himself as a princess and escapes to an icy planet to evade Jabba. A fart bot also on the rum starts to wail for him, not realizing the glue identity of the princess.

1 Like

Nah, Iā€™m happy you did it, even if it meant plagiarizing me. Plus Iā€™m used to guys repeating my ideas as their own :sweat_smile:

Git revert

4 Likes

What if I made a web site with a huge grid of monospaced unicode pre-filled with lorem ipsum or other public domain text. Then tie it into some account system like Github/Google/Facebook and let users edit one character each. Would it be a viral sensation like those pixel walls people have made? Will ASCII art appear? Will it just be the word ā€œfuckā€ repeatedly? I could time it to see how long it takes for the word fuck to appear.

Swastikas,swastikas as far as the eye can see.

Youā€™ve convinced me to not make this.

6 Likes

Paragraphs of the word penis would drown that all out.

You are changing my mind back again.

The penises would be made of swastikas, and arranged to spell out the fourteen words.

3 Likes

Ok, so this gave me a great idea.

We use Google Accounts. Each account gets one letter change, period.

At the end, if any character is part of a swastika or 14 words, we can make a list of the google accounts that contributed to those symbols, and make that the start of a universal ban list.

1 Like

I like the idea of an internet-wide collaborative banlist. Anyone can sign up to be a list-maker and push lists of usernames and emails. You can then subscribe to the list-makers you trust and pull a combined banlist. Hash all the info beforehand so you can check if someoneā€™s banned but canā€™t just get a bunch of names to harass. Maybe add in a system to endorse other list-makers to keep 4chan from making a troll list of ethnic minorities and pretending theyā€™re known nazis.

I was just being facetious because Iā€™m into traps lately.

An actual universal ban list is a superbad idea that will cause more harm than it causes. Sharing of ban lists should be small in scope, and among only a few trusted parties. Anime conventions sharing lists of banned panelists is about as big as you can do it safely.

1 Like

Youā€™re just reinventing /r/place again, which was probably one of my favorite internet things lately.

Except text instead of colors. Also r/place/ let you make multiple edits by waiting some time. Iā€™m saying one letter per person, then youā€™re done.

Probably. It would only actually work if users only followed people they could actually trust and everyone acted responsibly, which of course would never happen. I was thinking it work like an adblock subscription list but I guess theyā€™re not really the same thing.

Honestly I think Iā€™d prefer /r/place but for text only.

Iā€™d be on the borders team making | and - / _ for where one factionā€™s shit started and anotherā€™s ended

After scouring first, cat disguises himself as a princess and escapes to an icy planet to evade Jabba. A fart bot also on the rum starts to wail for him, not realizing the glue identity of the princess.

After scouring first, cat disguises himself as a princess and escapes to an icy planet to evade Jabba. A fart bot also on the rum starts to wail for him, not realizing the glum identity of the princess.

1 Like

Do I have to change a letter? Can I ADD a letter? Can I remove one?

Iā€™m pretty sure nobody is playing by the rules here to begin with, so you can do whatever you want.

1 Like

After scouring first, cat disguises himself as a princess and escapes to an icy planet to evade Jabba. A fart bot also on the drum starts to wail for him, not realizing the glum identity of the princess.