Booh yah! Show me your moves!

I think you are completely missing key understanding of what makes celebrity and what makes people megastars in your reasoning. I’m not sure if you really don’t understand this genuinely, or do understand it but are intentionally dismissing entire classifications of human thought and behaviour, just to make a moral or political point.

I have never seen any phenomenon but that.[quote=“anon81580706, post:46, topic:54”]It ain’t braggin’ if its true
[/quote]
It’s bragging if it’s needless.

2 Likes

That’s a real pity.

I run an audio drama workshop from time to time at conventions and this last instance went great!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMjcaYumEw4

After patiently waiting for several months and just dealing with burn out, my work finally selected me to go train in Colorado for a month from mid-May to mid-June.

I’m so excited. I needed this break. I love training and it’s to people who actually want to be trained.

I’m really looking forward to the edible scene there. I have high expectations. (PUN TOTALLY FUCKING INTENDED)

3 Likes

A hotel that I stayed at last year recently sent me an email offering half price rooms all spring. (Off-season for the White Mountains in NH.) So I totally jumped on that and am spending this weekend at an awesome Nordic-themed resort in Jackson, NH for far cheaper even than I paid last time I stayed at a Super 8. I’m excited for a weekend of driving the Kancamagus Highway and Crawford Notch hunting for geocaches. Last time I was up there, I discovered an abandoned Tin Mine while caching, so I’m looking forward to seeing what I run into this time.

Edit: If anyone is interested, I may put together a geocaching thread/album to provide some exposure for the best hobby.

2 Likes

As of Friday I’m officially and RIT grad in Electrical Engineering. Well, technically it’s not official until the paperwork gets finished for my co-op from two years ago, but close enough.

6 Likes

I made this a couple of weeks ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN5uXWOqaVY

A couple of years ago I heard the instrumental and, right at the beginning, it samples “BASS” from “Bring the Noise”. Since I fucking love that song and know it forward to back, it basically cemented the lyrics of it to this instrumental in my brain. So, every time I would listen to the instrumental, I would inevitably start singing “Bring the Noise” along with it. This is me making my brain’s remix real.

2 Likes

OH SNAP!

You’re overqualified for basically every job you’ve ever had, so this is exciting.

3 Likes

As of last night, I am the best small plastic space mans player in Peterborough. (Or at least the best that bothered to show up to the only hobby store there.)

2 Likes

Nice. How many people showed up? Are you actually going to go to worlds?

There were only eight of us, it’s not one of the store’s bigger games sadly. This being a store championship, the bye is for a regional, and I’ll definitely be going to at least one of those.

I would like to travel over to visit the FFG mothership for worlds at some point over the next couple of years, but if I do that I’m more likely to be playing X-wing unless there’s some way I can crowbar both games in.

Passed my insurance licencing exam so I get to continue my employment!

1 Like

So I just got promoted, which is awesome.

My new job means that now I am in the room when platform decisions are made and software diagrams are drawn.

With this position comes travel. Unbelievably, I may be living down under for like 8 months next year. It’s very much in the air, but being young and not tied down and an expert in what we do I’m the obvious choice for this. That thing I always though myself inferior for (not having to travel for my job) is-a-changin’

3 Likes

The past couple years at work I’ve technically been a contractor, but today I just signed the paperwork to become a proper employee! This means a major raise and I no longer have to be on my parents insurance!

3 Likes

I don’t mean to double post but this travel thing is getting really real really fast, it’s growing in specificity. Went from “maybe australia” to “exactly sidney” from “maybe a few months” to “start at 9 months” and “some time next year” to “when I had to come to NY, it all happened in 2 weeks so just be ready”

Holy shit guys, I may be moving like really really soon. I may have to set up my VPN to my parents house in a hurry to keep my US steam sales.

2 Likes

[quote=“Naoza, post:64, topic:54”]
Holy shit guys, I may be moving like really really soon. I may have to set up my VPN to my parents house in a hurry to keep my US steam sales.
[/quote]Wat. The sales are exactly the same. And you don’t lose access to anything on your account.

Also, welcome! If you come up to Brisbane, I’ll show you around, and as always you are very welcome to join the PAXAUS crew in Melbourne. If you need a hand with anything, I’m sure we’ll all be happy to tell you whatever we know.

I thought that steam prices were super high in Australia for like no reason. If I’m misinformed, all the better. If I end up in Sidney you bet your arse I’ll be joining the PAXAUS crew in Melbourne.

I’m almost certain I’ll need help almost the moment something doesn’t work the way it does in the states.

I’m already at the point of checking the weather and comparing. Doesn’t seem like you guys get any snow, which boo. But plus side the month of February this year Sidney was never what I consider to be “too hot” and it just seems like it’s just generally a nice place to live, and a city.

Hell I can just post hoc this and say I’m getting out of the US while crazy people rule.

[quote=“Naoza, post:66, topic:54”]
I thought that steam prices were super high in Australia for like no reason. If I’m misinformed, all the better. If I end up in Sidney you bet your arse I’ll be joining the PAXAUS crew in Melbourne.
[/quote]It used to be real fucking bad, but it varies from publisher to publisher these days. Some fuck you - Activision, EA, we’re looking at you - but most will give a reasonable-ish price. The place they get you is that they tend to give you the US price(or slightly above) in US dollars, so you spend $60 USD, it ends up being more like $80AUD. You end up being real good at doing rough currency conversion between USD and AUD in your head.

I’m almost certain I’ll need help almost the moment something doesn’t work the way it does in the states.
[/quote]First hot tip - I don’t know how you’re getting paid or who is doing the paying, but nobody does payroll by cheque here. It’s all direct deposit. Your routing number is called your BSB number. Every bank’s cards are chip and pin with paywave, and cash only shops are rare, but food carts and trucks will often still be cash only.

I’m already at the point of checking the weather and comparing. Doesn’t seem like you guys get any snow, which boo. But plus side the month of February this year Sidney was never what I consider to be “too hot” and it just seems like it’s just generally a nice place to live, and a city.
[/quote]It’s hotter than you think - the numbers tell one side of the story, but it’s something else when you feel it. If you want snow, you’ll have to truck out to somewhere like Threadbo, Mt Bueller(Anyone, buller), and Fall’s Creek. But I wouldn’t bother, snow is weird anyway.

If I end up in Sidney you bet your arse I’ll be joining the PAXAUS crew in Melbourne.
[/quote]Just be warned, we do get into a a little bit. I’m sure someone could correct me, but I’m pretty sure that last PAX, we went drinking four days out of a three day convention.

1 Like

I got a new job! $$$

It’s in downtown SF, so I’ll probably be moving from the South Bay within a few months. Hopefully to a place where I can start adopting cats.

8 Likes