Booh yah! Show me your moves!

The line for the panel reached capacity and had to be capped. IT HAD TO BE CAPPED.
And multiple youtube subcribers came!
And then someone came up afterwards and was all “I didn’t know what to expect when I got in line for this panel, but I was blown away by how professional and entertaining and educational it was”.

I’m just- I was feeling pretty unsure of why I was doing any of this for a while. But I’m totally okay with this. People like this and they’re learning and having fun and that’s pretty fucking great. I know you shouldn’t rely on validation or whatever but, shit, it does feel good now and then.

4 Likes

I finally got to use the money I saved up working in the mines for an apartment. It has way more space than anywhere I lived before, I can see the city from my kitchen and friendly magpies come and visit balcony.

Makes those few years working in the middle of nowhere seem worthwhile.

4 Likes

So in addition to the new job I mentioned earlier, apparently the head of the security team at the company I’m going to saw my resume at the beginning of the week and decided to try to get me to join his team instead.

So I guess I work in infosec now.
So that’s nice.

5 Likes

A lot of awesome fucking things coming together in my life. Today was a SUPER FUCKING AWESOME SURPRISE.

A few know, but I will let all know once I figure out all the details.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lasted a round of boxing against my coach who turns out used to be a pro in Tokyo. I only learn this after getting punched in the head twelve times. Also had a great party at one of my Kindergartens and now have a raging hangover.

1 Like
12 Likes

In the past three weeks, I have written and tested out an 80 page long roleplaying game called BLACKOUT, a game where you play female civil defense workers in the Blitz. And, short a few illustrations, it’s done!

I’m super proud of the look I achieved. It’s got a full-colour interior, and all the art is colourized and stylized war photography. I’m so incredibly happy and tired!!!

3 Likes

Promoted to Senior VSR. More money, more responsibilities, but WAY more doors that will open up for more promotions.

FEELS SO GOOD. This is the first thing I honestly really worked for in my life that was actually challenging and it just feels so good to see it work out.

Edit:
So yeah the last few weeks:

1. Selected as an Omeganaut
  2. Marriage
  3. Promotion

Now to concentration on hopefully adding: 4) Omegathon Winner

:wink:

14 Likes

So…I just won free tickets to a comedy show tomorrow, boo ya to that.

It’s not anything big, but I’m particularly proud of this gag. I’d normally embed, but it removes some of the context, and I particularly like the construction of it.

I drove 42 hours (round trip) to hang out in southern Illinois for a few days and watch the moon get in the way of a perfectly good suntan day!

IT WAS AWESOME.

Literally.

Awe some.

3 Likes

The last couple of years, Anime Los Angeles (my “home” convention where I debut all of my flagship panels) has been inviting me out as an industry guest. This includes hotel, green room, and per diem; their thanks for giving them as good much content as I do, they say.
This year, I’ve been invited, not as an industry guest, but as the Fan Guest of Honor.
Woo!

6 Likes
1 Like

I just accepted an offer to go permanent at my current company.

8 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaay good shit homie! Just got a promotion offer myself, and most importantly I just got my time off for MAGfest approved.

1 Like

New job, I’m really pumped up about it! I get to work for a nonprofit I actually am invested in and it pays well. \o/

4 Likes

I kinda just realized something about my life.

If you told 16 year old me that I’d go to Richard Epcar’s house, that Les and Mary Claypool would buy me dinner, that I’d stand in the same recording booth that Ghost in the Shell was recorded in, and that Lia Sargent would give me her number to make sure we hung out together, I’D HAVE CALLED YOU A FUCKING LIAR.

Somehow, I have managed to find myself in good relations with anime royalty. Boo. Yah.

4 Likes

I thought you were referring to primus’ Les Claypool. Your Claypool is still cool, but way less funkier.

He hands out ribbons at ALA that say “I don’t play bass” on it. It’s kinda hilarious.

1 Like