Basesball

For 30 years, there was an asterisk next to Roger Maris’s 61 home runs because he did it in 162 games, instead of 154, which was the number of games Babe Ruth hit 60 in.

I’m glad they got rid of the asterisk for Maris, but I think there should be some kind of note for any records set by players who admitted to steroid use.

1 Like

Yesterday:

Today:

Phillies advance to the NLCS!

1 Like

Houston Seattle goes to 18 innings!

Jean Segura is a land of contrasts.

He also had two very important diving plays to stop a grounder going to the outfield and throwing the ball to first for the out.

1 Like

These Phillies are crazy. They just won a game after being down 4-0 in the middle of the 1st inning. Tied the franchise record for largest comeback in a postseason game.

1 Like

Bryce Harper!

Phillies are going to the World Series!

1 Like

This is for @Apreche

For those who are interested in international competition. World Baseball classic is going to start up soon.

Bonus Question:

The WBC is fucking lit. Check out the highlights of the semi final between Mexico and Japan.

The final is tonight.

1 Like

I so wanted a Venezuela v Mexico final but I do agree this kicks the MLB’s ass

As per the fix a sport thread on basketball’s problems, there are just too many games in some American sports leagues.

Major League Baseball: 162 games per team

NBA: 82 games per team

That’s just too many! Who cares about any baseball game until the post season? Who cares about any random night watching basketball? Your favorite player might not even take part that game!

The reason these world classic games are so good is because they MEAN EVERYTHING.

4 Likes

There are no words.

Game ending

Seriously! The game ends with the two best players in the world facing each other in the last out of a one-run game, and they go to a 3-2 count. If this was a movie people would say this is too on the nose.

This story is crazy, basically guy tanks a team to justify a move to another city.

In the movie Moneyball, the owner of the A’s was played by real life CEO (and real life POS) Bobby Kotick. And their real owner isn’t that far behind.

The ultimate crossover? @SkeleRym and @Apreche will find this debate interesting.

The latest episode of Twenty Thousand Hertz explores the history of the iconic song “Take Me Out to the Ball Game.” The song we famously hear at stadiums isn’t the full song–it’s only the chorus. The rest of the lyrics are extremely feminist and progressive for their time.

For me and @lukeburrage the cricket blitzball hybrid is almost here.

1 Like