Apple Day

Cool tech on the headset but looks wise, I’m not into it. It feels like they’re stepping back into the Frutiger Aero period. Maybe they should have rolled it back to a more Y2K aesthetic.

Personally I’m looking forward to a headset that has a more edgy and angular, Cyberpunk meets Star Wars aesthetic. Like the iPhones now are pretty hard edged, but clean, and in colors. Where’s that design language on this thing?

1 Like

I feel like there is a design board somewhere in the apple mother ship that has ski goggles / aviator glasses as design touchpoints.

Google and Samsung just can’t help themselves :slight_smile:

Samsung: let’s copy Apple as close as possible and make a mostly viable product.

Google: let’s do A and B and acquire C and cancel B and pivot A to D and cancel D and merge C with E did you not know about E?

1 Like

My prediction timeline was way off. Turns out you need a standard to wrangle android phone makers:

My iPad Pro is 5 years old already, and I don’t think they’ll support it with iOS after next year. My desktop PC is also 5 years old, and getting long in the tooth. It’s getting kinda slow for the Adobe apps handling photo and video.

I was considering next year getting a Mac to be my primary computer and then still keeping a PC on the side just for the things the Mac can’t do. Get the best of all worlds.

Seems like that timeline got moved up, with the update of Macbook Pros sooner than expected. I might do it, but rewiring my desk is going to be the hardest part to figure out.

2 Likes

I bought my M2 MacBook Pro assuming new ones would come out more than a year later, but this time it’s about 6 months later. I don’t regret it at all, as the performance bump isn’t huge.

I’m impressed that the new generation of chips are ready so soon, but I guess they are just now getting through all the stuff they had planned and that was delayed due to covid or whatever. These must have been planned for years, and they knew the M2 wouldn’t be around long enough to bother putting in the iMac, so that skips right from M1 to M3.

New iPad announcement happening right now.

For me it all depends on whether the new version of iOS coming later this year still supports my iPad Pro 3rd gen. If so, then I’m just gonna keep going with it, even though the battery is getting sad. Otherwise, I think I’ll just get the normal iPad.

I’m interested to see if they can update the iPad in any way that’s not just incrementally improving performance, battery life, display, and camera. Will post again after the event is over.

M4 on iPad Pro pretty interesting.

New pencil has nice new features, but given the amount I use the pencil I have, no reason to upgrade. Also, that new pencil on works with new Air and Pro, which I’m not going to get.

Magic keyboard is just overpriced. They keep making the iPad pro closer and closer to Macbook Pro. There’s really no reason to have both devices. One or the other.

I really liked the Final Cut thing they had with multiple iPhones being used as live cameras. I’m not going to ever do that, but it really sparks the imagination what you could do with it.

Also, I really liked that feature in Logic that split a song up into separate tracks. Might be the best used of machine learning I’ve seen. I want that feature. Not buying an iPad or Logic to get it, though.

The most interesting thing was the display on the iPad Pro. They didn’t give a lot of details, but it sounded like the screen is just a double WOLED. Most of the other display manufacturers have gone down the road of quantum dots for QD-OLED. I assume they aren’t doing that, because they would have said so, and they wouldn’t need double OLED. I also take umbrage with them saying it’s the most advanced display. Micro LED is the most advanced display technology right now.

The price on the iPad pro itself is not bad. But they continue to rip you off on the price of the magic keyboard.

Honestly happy they didn’t update regular iPad. I assume this means it will update in the fall for the holiday season along with the iPhones. That’s good because that’s when new iOS comes and I’ll know for sure if my current one is going to be supported or not.

1 Like