2020 Democratic Presidential Primaries

They just dont like women, period

I know a woman who said she doesn’t think a woman should run for president because America as a whole would never vote for her.

One of my Aunts always says that the country went down hill when women were given the right to vote. (She’s a Libertarian)

I definitely think my state is more likely to vote for a white man. We were considered a swing state up until Obama.

Ann Coulter would be proud.

1 Like

Dudes tell me they heard/think that people won’t vote for woman because she’s a women. Yeah dudes, we get that.

What about you? How about you white males tell these women that it’s a wrong way to think that and as a white male (assumption here, but I know that at least 3 of you are white males) you consider voting for them.

Tell /show these stupid doubters that glass ceilings can be broken. UGH. Stop telling me that people don’t want to vote for a woman because it’s not like I don’t see that shit on a daily.

6 Likes

We should run nothing but women as candidates until everyone fucking gets over it.

Seriously though, Warren is literally a better version of Sanders, and yet I see so many men who claim to want detailed plans dismiss her because ACTUALLY they just want empty rhetoric from a man.

9 Likes

I will at least say that I will 100% vote for a women. Warren is far and away the most qualified candidate on the field.

In 2016, I would say the same for Hillary Clinton. She was the most qualified candidate on the field. Full stop. I voted for her in the primary and in the general.

This is why I’m donating to Warren, I’m voting for Warren in the primary, and GeekNights is officially endorsing Warren.

2 Likes

The only reason women can’t win is the same reason third parties can’t win. People keep spreading these self-fulfilling prophecies. Some people believe they can’t win only because other people keep saying it. It will only happen when people believe it. Just start saying something different and people’s beliefs will change, and then reality will change.

If you replace cynicism with optimism in your divination, and you’ll get better results.

Also, I really don’t understand the belief in the first place. We’re talking about female senators. They’ve already won elections. Nobody bats an eye on women in the supreme court anymore either. If you’re on the right side of things, why would you try to delay the inevitable rather than push for it to happen as quickly as possible?

1 Like

Woman or not, I’ll vote for any candidate who’s the best combination of competency and alignment with my personal views.

Warren is right up there for me. Biden may be more the Hershey’s chocolate choice, but I’d still be down with him if he got the nomination. Buttigieg is an interesting case in that he’s probably more moderate the Warren and a white male, but he’s also openly gay.

I haven’t committed to any Democratic candidate as of yet. I’ve mostly just discounted Sanders because, well, reasons.

1 Like

If the established hierarchy puts you in dominance and you have no soul, there is no incentive to change the hierarchy

Reasons I’m voting for Warren, an enumerated list.

1 Like

Is AOC still running for President? I remember hearing about her as a rising star in the candidacy a few months ago, then all the discourse suddenly turned toward Warren and a few other Democratic candidates.

AOC was never running for president. At least not in 2020. She’s too young. As in literally she’s below the 35 year old minimum age.

3 Likes

I’m still on the Harris train but 4 of my top 5 are all women and none of the top spots are Biden/Bernie/Beto. Though I will vote for literally anyone who wins the D primary.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why you are on that Harris train. I guess it’s better than the Biden train, but that’s about it.

Right? Harris is a little too “tough on crime” and hasn’t brought nearly the policy detail to the table Warren has.

I tend to think ScoJo has a more whole picture view towards this as he is way more politically active than all of us and tends to actually associate/communicate with many more diverse people outside our political views.

I like Kamala, but she had some problematic views on rights of transgenders and is seen as a cop.

Personally, if Kamala won it’s a black woman right after one of the most vile and openly racist/sexist POTUS, is a huge fuck you to the GOP and racist and would be glorious. Also to see Kamala or Warren in a debate with him, would be pure joy.

7 Likes

Why make store bought your first choice while homemade cookies are still available? Sure, I’ll gladly take the store bought cookies with no complaint, but why push hard for them when there’s a better option?

My girlfriend is on the Biden train purely as the person that is most likely to sway Republican voters away from Trump. For her it’s a tactical decision to ensure that Trump loses.

1 Like