Paul Robertson meets Rick & Morty

2 Likes
3 Likes

“Oh no! I’ve made a huge mistake!”

3 Likes

6 Likes

2 Likes

Oh hey, that gif left out “Also basically Gamergate lite.”

Not that it’s the sole reason I hate this PC Master race shit. But it’s one of them.

1 Like

Maybe I’m old and out if touch but what does Gomergate have to do with an old joke in the PC vs Console debate?

[quote=“panfriedmarmot, post:111, topic:249, full:true”]
Maybe I’m old and out if touch but what does Gomergate have to do with an old joke in the PC vs Console debate?
[/quote]The biggest hub for it is the PCMR subreddit, where the whole thing really took off in earnest after Yahtzee made a joke about it, the place is basically just Gamergate lite.

Plus, I’ve rarely met a PCMR true believer who wasn’t a raging fuckwit, with a hobby for an identity and a deep-seated need to be better than others. They don’t really like games, they just like games as a function of expressing their hobby-identity’s superiority - and by extension, their own - over others.

1 Like

Ah. I had no idea about any of that. I only ever encountered it as joking ribbing.

[quote=“Churba, post:112, topic:249”]
Yahtzee made a joke about it
[/quote]And here I was thinking Yahtzee made it up.

1 Like

[quote=“Starfox, post:114, topic:249”]
And here I was thinking Yahtzee made it up.
[/quote]He made the joke originally(mocking the exact type of people who have now taken up the name as a point of pride), but the rest of it wasn’t anything to do with him.

1 Like

This entire thing sucks.

I have an opinion. That opinion is that the best gaming experience in the modern era is on a PC. I have supporting reasons I can pull at the drop of a hat.

Apparently I have to be careful how I speak about this opinion I hold and to whom I speak it lest I be mistaken for a PCMR type.

I don’t enjoy when perfectly good things to believe are co-opted by people I want nothing to do with. So I stay silent on the subject until the whole movement dies down. Pretend like I don’t have an opinion.

Imposing your view on something like method of entertainment consumption on someone is stupid in the first place.

1 Like

4 Likes

I agree, maybe that’s what separates me from this crowd.

I hold that opinion the same way I hold the opinion that a good song is made or broken by it’s bass line. I don’t impose that on anyone either.

[quote=“Deadname, post:117, topic:249, full:true”]
Imposing your view on something like method of entertainment consumption on someone is stupid in the first place.
[/quote]It is a legitimate opinion that PC is a superior means of playing most games in most cases, and that most consoles provide inferior experiences. It can also be backed up pretty well.

Sure, people are free to do whatever they want. But you won’t catch me playing any* game on a console if it’s available on PC.

*Exception is specific Switch games, as the Switch is a specific and rare console with a superior portable UX compared to a laptop/tablet.