Vote for Joe Biden

They were printing a ballot from a special printer for each person who showed up.

Mine only printed one side. It was a whole thing to correct that and strike the broken ballot.

I get it. You were voting early. They had to be able to have ballots for any possible district in the area available, and were thus, printing them on demand. If you go on election day, they’ll have pre-printed ones.

I voted a week ago and sent it through the mail.
If you sent in/are sending in a mailing ballot, if it’s available in your district, please use BallotTrax to check the status of your ballot.
This site is especially important considering all the sabotage that has been happening with ballot drop boxes this month.

Ah… This whole argument was touched off because New York had to be like completely different from every other state with how it lists/forms parties ;-p

1 Like

Long lines continue, but bit by bit everyone I know in NYC is voting.

Daring to feel hopeful.

Very daring

People are voting. At least one state has surpassed 100% of the 2016 vote already!

Two states now Hawaii and Texas.

1 Like

FWIW, as a student of American history, I think we’re at the brink of that nadir rather than in it. Despite the Great Society’s reversal and the “moral decay” insanity of the last fifty years, the dystopia of the Gilded Age was sustained by government having no transparency and very little means of accountability. This is good rhetoric, I wouldn’t argue with it, but it’s a conversation I enjoy having.

2 Likes

Feeling this soooo much

4 Likes

Feeling good about Joe Biden’s chances isn’t unfounded or grasping at straws.

1 Like

It’s definitely not. But it still needs people to vote, rather than feel assured already.

However, there are two things I worry about. One is the potential of the election being invalidated by the courts, which is Trump’s explicitly stated strategy. The other is armed intimidation and violence by Trump supporters both during the election process and after a Biden victory is declared. Doubly so if tonight ends “too close to call” and Biden’s win is announced in the coming days. And Trump has basically encouraged violence at every point.

Sure, I get that.

But everyone with sense said “we’ve got to make this a blowout so it’s nowhere close and Trump can’t even begin to claim victory” and the polling is indicating that exactly the outcome: a blowout that is nowhere close.

I feel good that Trump won’t have an opportunity to be credible about being in the running for promoting violence or swinging the courts his way.

The article I shared is long, but it covers this point too.

I feel like when the final tallies come in, the ballots will all be uncounted because we angered the Gods and Zeus will force us to count them up the hill again.

If you have any trouble voting today, call the hotline ASAP.

https://twitter.com/filmbypeterp/status/1323324927529775104

heh, I technically wore political attire in the sense that everything’s political. But I also wore a hoodie with my union on it. I was able to vote in person just fine.

1 Like