This is Google

https://twitter.com/AnandWrites/status/1349456368646971395

2 Likes

Firefox still works really well, just saying.

3 Likes

Don’t read this incorrectly. Stadia is still a thing, for now. Google has just given up on attempts to develop first party exclusive Stadia games. Probably good considering how Amazon has utterly failed to produce games. Technology-first companies are bad at making art. It would be like if Canon or Nikon tried to make movies because they make cameras.

SONY seems to be the only company that can do this. They do it by having very separated divisions that are often at odds with each other.

It would almost be like Amazon making successful TV shows.

1 Like

Have any of the shows they’ve made been good? Netflix has, but they’re not necessarily technology first.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Fleabag are both outstanding shows.

But don’t take my word for it:

I haven’t watched all of these, but I’ve heard good things about them.

Observe: a classic goalpost move!

https://twitter.com/boredelonmusk/status/1356348247195877376?s=21

3 Likes
4 Likes

OMG that is too on the nose to be real.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again.

There needs to be a law that mandates any digital service provider must have a responsive and active human customer service department of some kind. For a very small service (e.g.: this forum) the requirement is easily fulfilled by having an admin or moderators that check their messages on occasion. For big services, they must have an actual customer service department.

Also, regardless of what terms of service say, services should have the inherent right to terminate any user’s account at any time for any reason. However, there should be a law that requires them to tell the user the reason they have had their service terminated. And if the user asks, or gets a lawyer, they should have to be able to provide documented proof that it was the real reason. And it has to be a specific reason. They shouldn’t be able to get away with saying “you violated the TOS” It should have to be “here is the part of the TOS you violated, and here is documentation showing you violating it.”

e.g.: Your account was deleted because you are a nazi, here’s the nazi shit you posted.

2 Likes

Amazon BUYS good shows from people :-p

1 Like

What’s the difference? Other than anti-Amazon bias? :wink:

That applies to pretty much every streaming provider, not just Amazon.

YouTube tried to compete with Twitch. They failed.
YouTube tried to compete with Netflix. They failed.
Now they’re trying to compete with TikTok. How do you think that will go?