This is Google

The problem is I don’t even have an old garbo computer to run it on, or the cash to get one unless it can run on a thrift store decade old $25 Celeron or something. Hence why I was wondering about containers or a VM or something.

It’s called pi hole because you can use a Raspberry Pi. They’re hella cheap, and way better than an old garbo computer.

2 options then. Get something to run it on, or yeah virtualize. It’s called pihole. It was designed for a raspberry pi. So like $30.

Virtualization can be done too, but you will have to fiddle with the networking stuff and will be annoying any time you restart the machine with the vbox on it.

Please excuse me while I headdesk at myself for completely missing that connection. A cheapo Raspberry Pi is totally doable.

FWIW I did this mostly to save the lappy from going to the landfill. And I threw openvpn on there as well. It serves me pretty well having a server at my parent’s place. Saves me the occasional trip there.

I do that constantly for things, like how I discovered just this year that Beyoncé and Solange are sisters.

I only just realized that the title of the South Park Movie is a dick joke.

Fun fact: The title was supposed to be South Park: All Hell Breaks Loose, but some fun killing people who manage movie titles told them no. So they changed it to what it is. Which is way worse, but doesn’t include a naughty word and so it went out that way.

1 Like

Read the thread.

2 Likes

Pretty much everything can be summed up in this quote:

“Our teams spent the last few days conducting an in-depth review of the videos flagged to us, and while we found language that was clearly hurtful, the videos as posted don’t violate our policies,”

The obvious question is. Why does your policy permit clearly hurtful language?

2 Likes

Because hosting hurtful language makes you lots of money

Yes, we know the real answer, but we have to force them to give some sort of corporate answer on the record.

So…
Nazism = Hurtful.
Homophobia = Not hurtful.

You’re halfway there, YouTube.

As posted by Josh, YouTube has started rolling out a new anti-hate-speech policy. People who are against it are throwing out a ton of slippery slope arguments and false equivalencies of course, but whatever.

The bigger issue is that people who are documenting and countering right-wing extremism are being caught in the crossfire, as their videos debunking talking points or decrying hate speech also contain such content but presenting it as a negative light.

Additionally, we are currently planning to change the rule limit from maximum of 30k rules per extension to a global maximum of 150k rules.