The Unofficial Convention Archive Thread

Delete that shit.

1 Like

Hahaha!!

tenor

1 Like

I am in the process of going into professional CYA mode when it comes to this, asking advice from some people who are a tad more business savvy than me to answer some questions. If you would be interested in hearing it let me know, looking for some serious opinions on it.

For everyone else have a pony

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i99XHDOTZYQ

Bonus: Uwe Boll was at PAX?

1 Like

Does anyone here have a sticher premium account and can do me a favor? DM me for details.

In today’s installment of “good thing that needs more eyeballs” here is the creator of Diablo talk about game development.

1 Like

Do you want to see a concert that is so completely Ludacris that it was awesome? Here is a parody band for the Promomen performed by other band members in something that I was actually in the room for. It was one of those holy shit moments I had at a convention.

2 Likes

So every so often I would check to see if a video is doing ok, for the most part I get a slow trickle depending on what they are searching for. However for some reason this video has garnered a bunch of attention. (Granted its worth the attention)

1 Like

Hey I am going to bed, let me check the status of the LBRY/Odysee channel…

What! How?

Homestuck popular again?

So the guy behind the FRC waiting for the final round of the omegathon started recording…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Vwlu4Bi2E

So sometimes I go down weird tangents. Here is the world record attempt for blowing bubble gum bubbles.

When one panel cancels, another takes its place. Its also a damn good one too.

Also an odd open question, does anyone have experiences with a book scanner? As in putting a book under a camera, taking a picture, and turning it into some sort of PDF? I need recommendations for an awesome addition to the site.

Got a pair of A+ tier panels for those who like academic research and video games.

1 Like

I had my first panel where I went, ITS YOU. Dr. Glick from the Cock panel talking about ethics.

1 Like

PAX East 2013 is in the books, I am in the process of doing some formatting debt now to fix past mistakes…I made a lot of mistakes :frowning:

2 Likes

To not have me doing a spam thread thing I think I am going to wait until two jems before I share here

First it is Q&A #3 but this time Robert Khoo asks the questions:

Second is the behind the scenes look at 5 years of PAX Pranks

I have a general question, has anyone here have any experience with crawling a website? I am trying to get something to run so that my project can be archived to the internet archive. I have not done this before and looking to get something going so that I do not have to manually go to each page and use the browser extension to do it.

Also @SkeleRym I have video evidence of your hero at 45:18

If it’s your own web site you don’t need to crawl it. Crawling is for when your only access to a web site is via http. If it’s your own web site, you have access to the database behind the web site. You can just write a script to upload everything to the Internet Archive via its API.

Few updates:

1 - Got a quote from a lawyer to get the website sharing ready, now waiting for the VERY large bill

2 - I crack 1000 views on the site on a single day by posting a video with a streamer who was in the news on that very same day. Nice to know the lack of SEO is not a thing…

3 - Here is a video that got some traction, it is about how to do fighting in video games

4 - Here is the next video @SkeleRym and @Apreche will use as a citation for a future panel

1 Like

Few things:

1. Lawyers are done I have spent way too much fucking money to get my site with the legal BS that no one reads but you need to not get sued right away. I am now slowly reading these things to make sure I fill in with the appropriate information.

2. I have completed PAX Prime 2014! That event is behind me, on-wards to PAX Aus 2014.

3. I did my first Wikipedia edit by properly labeling the first year of PAX South.

4. I now have a battle station with 2 old laptops and a desktop to record PAX East Online ready to go, realizing I need to spend a few hundred to make this something that can scale up properly.

2 Likes