Alright, 2010s are over and I want to know your greatest successes and your greatest defeats. I’ll go first. Honestly, given that I started posting here in 2010 or 2011, the long timers already know everything I’ll be posting.
- Started giving talks solo at Connecticon et al
- Started posting here
- Got my first job
- Became a girl
4a. Legally changed my name
4b. Started HRT
- Started playing guitar
5a. Played my first gig
5b. Recorded a whole boatload of music
- 3x psych hospital stays (only counting units I slept in, not day programs)
- Didn’t graduate from Boston Latin
- Dropped out of community college
- Was briefly not a girl between periods of being a girl
- Lost two jobs to anxiety
I’m really proud that I’m still alive at the end of this decade which says something about how shit it was for me.