The Best Game You Can Name (Ice Hockey)

The Seattle Flashing Red Lights it is!

They already have Seattle Seahawks. Maybe this will be the Seattle Sea-goals.

Good name, good logo, good and unique color scheme. The only thing I was going to complain about was the weird secondary anchor logo, until I realized that it incorporates the Space Needle. I still think it is a bit too generic, but okay.

:octopus: :ice_hockey: :octopus:

The hockey that is supposedly going to happen is playoff hockey. That means real 5v5 overtime until someone scores. No shootout, no nonsense.

But there’s only so much ice, and they are playing games back to back all day long. If a game goes long, all the later games in the day get delayed. If the first game in the morning goes for 3OT, that’s pushing everything back.

Gonna be exciting!

I didn’t even think of that.

Especially these days. I saw a chart showing that OT is a lot more common in the post-salary-cap NHL.

There is some actual NHL hockey being played today in exhibition games!

Real fake hockey.

Pre-season games are still games.

Well, I guess the Rangers have been voted off the Island.

12.5% chance this was the right move.

That Toronto-Columbus game was hilarious. Toronto goes down 3-0 on an absolutely boneheaded play halfway into the 3rd period, and I think “that would be an ending befitting this pathetic franchise”. Then they storm back and win in OT, and now I’d really want to see the gasket that Torts threw in the CBJ locker room after that one. Can’t decide which team I want to see lose more.

Also, both Edmonton and Pittsburgh going out in the first round to the respective 12th seed is also very funny. I laughed like a hyena when I saw the ENG in the MTL-PGH game. Too bad that those two teams have a combined 25% chance of ending up with the 1st overall pick. I can just hope that Florida or Nashville get Lafrenniere.

Flyers go 3-0 with a +8 goal differential in the round robin and are first seed in the East. Things are looking good!

OH MY GOD. The legendary ball drop. I’ve never been so happy to get swept.

I can live with it. Rangers haven’t picked 1st overall in 50 years, and a 1st overall pick is not a guarantee of anything, much less immediate improvement.

I don’t know how much you’ve checked out this Lafreniere kid. He’s basically one step behind an Ovechkin/Crosby level player. It’s about as close to guaranteed immediate improvement as you can get.

Also.

This doesn’t mean 1st round picks make you win the cup. But statistically speaking, you are very unlikely to win without them. And thanks to a ping pong ball, we are now full up.

I mean, sure, whatever, but I wonder how these pie charts look like for every team of the league. Most teams have and retain first round picks of their own.