Tesla Technologies

I find Elon Musk to be a pretty fascinating entrepreneur. In his early days, he co-founded PayPal and has since moved on to try and redefine transportation and energy. He currently runs Tesla Motors, SolarCity (which he recently acquired), and SpaceX, and he has new projects on the horizon like the Hyperloop and solar roof. His company also announced a new Roadster coming soon to production.

This thread is for news and opinions on him and his future projects.

Just another asshole with too much money.

3 Likes

I guess, but wouldnā€™t you rather have the asshole with too much money be doing good things rather than living a life of idle decadence?

1 Like

Also with a weird persecution complex. Seems whatever goes wrong, itā€™s never his company or his productā€™s fault, itā€™s always the big bad meanies trying to get him. Remember when he publicly accused a customer of being part of an anti-tesla conspiracy, because said customerā€™s Tesla had a manufacturing issue with the suspension?

Also, did I hear wrong, or did he blame a Space X defect on UFOs or something?

No, unless heā€™s joked about it since. He said they couldnā€™t rule out something hitting the rocket, and some folk made hay about it.

What I think he really meant by that, well, they did do a pretty full-on investigation of the possibility of a sniper taking a shot at the rocket.

It turned out to be, as far as Iā€™m aware, a simple engineering or manufacturing failure. A mechanical failure in the structure caused some sparks, ignited the fuel, and then - to use the technical nomenclature - Kablooey.

Iā€™m eyeing the Solar Roof thing with keen interest. I love the idea of solar panels that blend into the existing aesthetic of your house, though I do have some concerns about effectiveness during the winter as I stare at accumulated snow on my roof.

With those tiles itā€™s much easier to include heating elements than with either normal tiles or normal solar panels. And due to them clearing themselves of both frost and snow, the extra solar power pays back any electricity spent on the heating.

Iā€™m interested in both SpaceX and Tesla, and would like to chat about them on the forum.

However, naming this thread simply ā€œElon Muskā€ is exactly the kind of hero worship-type activity that seeps into conversations about Musk that both annoy me and seem to leave him confused too.

1 Like

OK, so I have an edit icon next to the thread title. I just changed it. Is that just for me, or does everyone see that?

I now see ā€˜Tesla Technologiesā€™ as the thread title.

Cybertruck has interesting aerodynamics.

https://youtu.be/6fuLD0R1iEU

My new home isnā€™t far from the new Tesla factory location:

ā€œThe plot and its cast of charactersā€”replete with villains, heroes and whatever Musk isā€”make for an interesting backstory and possibly a dramatic TV reenactment. ā€

A great line about a pretty weird story

1 Like

Teslaboy talks brainchipping.

https://youtu.be/DVvmgjBL74w

Today I drove past Gigafactory Berlin. Itā€™s going up surprisingly quickly, and itā€™s HUGE. I mean, know that itā€™s called Gigafactory for a reason, but even in Berlin/Brandenburg, which has some famously large buildings this one stands out.

And the speed they are building is pretty crazy. I looked it up and yup, it isnā€™t just in my head.

ā€œTesla has reportedly adopted a rather unique permit process for Giga Berlin. Instead of doing all permits at once like in traditional German construction projects, Tesla is reportedly using a system where many permits are requested in small steps, starting with a rough first design and moving on from there. This allows the company to work fast, while providing itself with enough space to adjust if it needs to. Voigt noted that this approach shows Teslaā€™s Silicon Valley roots, with the company pretty much building Giga Berlin like a software program.ā€

Behold, the Penis Probe!

Source article

That is a photo of Starship serial number 1. The subject of that article is serial number 9. The photo is about a year out of data compared to the news in the article. Iā€™ve got a feeling that the person who wrote the article wouldnā€™t have picked an image of the wrong space ship.