Star Wars: The Disney Era

1 Like

You’re probably right, but that voiceover of the Emperor doesn’t have to even be related to that brief clip of the Death Star. It just follows it chronologically in the teaser. The two don’t have to be related at all, although they probably are.

Yavin 4 was a moon of Yavin. The first Death Star wreckage could have ended up on another moon. Same thing with Endor. There is nothing from that clip that makes it obvious which Death Star it is, although I agree that the second Death Star makes more sense.

Obviously we know from the trailer with so much Luke voiceover that we’re going to get at least some amount of ghost Luke action. They just can’t help themselves to some of that.

Prediction: Anakin ghost action.

1 Like

What is Anakin’s father is also Rey’s father, somehow? Rey as Luke’s aunt would sure be a twist.

Everyone is Jar-Jar.

The whole story was just Jar-Jar dreaming.

1 Like

I said grandchild or great grandchild of Anakin’s father.

Also, while writing this I had a thought. Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru. Neither of them were siblings with Anakin. They were step-siblings. Uncle Owen’s dad married Anakin’s Mom after Anakin was born. Did Anakin’s mom form another babby that Anakin didn’t know about? Did she form another babby before Anakin was born that nobody knows about?

If there was an immaculate conception by midichlorians, meaning that midichlorians are Anakin’s father. Then if midichlorians perform another immaculate conception on any other woman, they are technically also siblings with Anakin.

1 Like

Oh, I know. I was proposing an alternative to be ridiculous.

I have never been angrier at a sentence.

2 Likes

In real time, in the theater, I thought it was obvious he was lying or lied to by the Snokémaster. Haven’t really heard much about that theory from anyone else though.

Mission accomplished.

1 Like

My friend and I were half-joking about how the best movie would be Force Ghost Luke just like hanging around Kylo and snarking and dunking on his dumbass piece of shit nephew for two hours. "Hey idiot, how’s the whole edgelord schtick going?”

2 Likes

There’s no denying that would be very entertaining, I can’t imagine that’s what ghost Luke would do with his ghost time. It also seems like it takes some effort to ghost. Otherwise, why didn’t ghost Obi Wan just hang out all the time instead of only appearing occasionally? What else does a ghost have to do?

1 Like

Planets can have more than one climate emot-eng101

2 Likes

In real life, yes, but star wars? I mean, name a world that had a normal, earth-style climate?

2 Likes

Naboo.

1 Like

The over-saturated HDR hurts me in the eye hole.

If A New Hope is to be believed, the chain reaction caused by shooting the vent port just as the big fucking laser of doom was a-chargin, pretty fucking thoroughly explodified the first Death Star. I don’t remember any big chunky bits.

The second was larger, under construction, destroyed via a different means of starting a wildcat destabilization of the ships fusion reactor core, and seemed more thoroughly within a planetary gravity well.

So I’m going to go out and say that if any dish survived, it’s the DS-II array, or a previously unseen one that was under construction in The Maw.

3 Likes

How big was Death Star II? Shouldn’t that dish be like the size of a continent?