Show Ideas and Reminders

1 Like

I know the topic might not interest either Rym or Scott for a show, but what about a Wednesday episode on comics/manga in the local public library? I bring this up because I have been impressed by the choices both the juvenile and young adult sections have made when it comes to both types.

2 Likes

I am well aware of the many amazing things libraries have to offer. I’ve seen lots of developments there in regards to comics, technology, and even board games.

But I haven’t even personally actually used the library since… college? I have nothing to say about comics/manga at the library other than that they have a lot more than you think they do, and it’s free.

3 Likes

Have you guys done a show on 3D printers? Seems especially relevant with the rise of printable gun parts in the news.

That would require us to know something about 3D printers. I only know the absolute fundamentals. I’ve never used one.

As for printable gun parts, we talked about that when it was originally news over 10 years ago. It will be quite hard to find the episode though, as it was just a news.

1 Like
1 Like

I think I remember something about shops and tools? Not sure. But have you done an episode about making and fixing things? If you ever get a good setup for having guests I bet Churba would be fun to talk to.

2 Likes

Have you done an episode about Greek mythology in media? I feel like Rym’s had to try for that before.

I am an actual nightmare whirlwind of chaos and incoherent but largely genial energy.

7 Likes

It was touched on in the PAC-man 99 episode a little but have you ever done a dedicated episode on “game subscription services”? In particular Apple Arcade is interesting as it contains a lot of content you can’t get anywhere else.

I’ve had Apple Arcade a couple times from free trials. There are some games in there that were interesting for a brief period. But I do not consider it to be worth the price of admission. I would only consider paying for it if you are a 100% Apple person. If you’re using literally every Apple service you can get that complete package they offer, and then it’s an ok deal.

Topic suggestions:
Getting things done / personal productivity
Thinking about your career
How to buy a phone / laptop / whatever
Personal favourites e.g. movies, shows, games…
How to learn to cook / maintain your home
Personal hygiene

Fifteen characters of art

I feel like we’ve done a lot of these shoes already.

I know you have done Thursday shows about jobs and careers, but what about an episode on career evolution? To use myself as an example, I have been doing private physical security for almost 20 years and now am doing secure shipping of automotive vehicles due to my security experience.

Career evolution is really different in every industry, and even for different positions in the same industry. And that doesn’t even include people who switch things up for whatever reason. There’s really no path through life, and twist and turns can come at any age.

Is GeekNights on https://linktr.ee/ or https://kit.co/ ?

1 Like

Halls of Fame. Or Hall of Fames.

2 Likes

Your top 10 movies/tv series/books/video games/board games/Albums

Or top 5.

Do it all in one show. Rattle em off.

Top 10 top 10 lists

2 Likes