Ships

Yo dog we heard you like ships:

3 Likes

Great title:

1 Like

Let me tell you all about my OTP…

1 Like

Wasn’t sure if I should post this here or one of the board game threads:

https://mailchi.mp/6a53962dcd19/cardboard-edison-omnibus-shipping-crisis-batters-game-publishers-with-no-end-in-sight?fbclid=IwAR2yio6q30yVmrziUa7VKK0ZRIBu51aunmO3-C0PaQfajvtbhOSrR0QhT10

“The most immediate effect for publishers is that their games are taking longer to get from manufacturers to end markets. In our survey, 32 of the 36 publishers, or 89%, said they’re experiencing delays. They cited lags of 2 to 4 weeks up to 5 to 6 weeks.”

"Publishers say high demand and short supply is leading shipping companies to jack up their rates. Nearly everyone in our survey—34 of the 36 respondents, or 94%—said they’re facing higher costs for shipping.

So how big an increase are we talking about? Well, it varies from company to company, but it’s significant.

“Our partners have to pay 3 or even 4 times more to get the games delivered to them,” said Julia Klokova of Hobby World.

Our survey bears out those numbers. Among the publishers who provided specific figures, the median was a threefold-to-fourfold cost increase. But that’s just what’s average. For some, it’s much worse. One publisher said their shipping costs are up ninefold from before the pandemic.

Cynthia Tuck of Mayday Games summed up publishers’ sentiment: “The increase is OUTRAGEOUS.”