Real Life Cooking Mama: Share Your Cooking Projects

:strawberry: season

1 Like

3 Likes

Calabrian sausage ragu with a homemade heirloom tomato sauce base

6 Likes

I’ve been experimenting with Italian bread. It’s not quite right yet but its getting there. Delicious nonetheless!

9 Likes

1 Like

38462103_301571887263422_2927680864093470720_n

5 Likes

What did you put in your non-NY boiling water?

25g malt syrup, 10g baking soda

I just made a Citrus Cup for the first time. I can’t believe I didn’t try this sooner.

It’s super simple: Cut a piece of citrus in half, then carefully remove (most of)* the innards with a spoon. Then fill with whatever liquid you want and enjoy. Water, tea, alcohol, juice, soda… It’s completely up to you. (The picture below is filled with cranberry juice.)

*I say “most of” because leaving in a little pulp is okay if you want slightly more citrus flavor.

I’d also recommend finding something cylindrical to keep your citrus stable while you pour or want to put it down for a moment (you don’t need to hold on to it forever, after all :wink: ).

Not the prettiest spinach puffs ever, but I’m still pleased as a first attempt. Aesthetics aside they’re absolutely delicious!

2 Likes

Guessing you were inspired by the Binging with Babish Episode?

Yep. After watching that episode I knew this was one I had to try. Well worth making, they really taste great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjAy0rAOCE0

Sup

They beat me to it, but also I will still do this when it gets cold enough to turn on the oven again. The reason is that I didn’t want to compare tap water from two different places. I wanted to compare tap water to bottled water. The reason for comparing bottled water is that in some places tap water isn’t even potable. Also, the bottled water from the same brand would presumably be the same whether it was in Florida or Alaska, so you could theoretically make the same bagels with the same water in both places.

I think most bottled water is made and sold within the same state, so I don’t think you can assume consistency across the country.

Well, it always says “bottled in X” so we have something to go on.

Kenji: the water doesn’t matter. (for pizza)

Had leftover shishito peppers, cherry tomatoes, shallots, garlic, eggs, and some extra hanger steak from like three different meals. I put them together to make steak and eggs with a shishito salsa. I have to say, being able to just create recipes off the top of your head is pretty cool when they really click

6 Likes

I tried this, it is simple and tasted good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3Y5PAMgOIU

1 Like

I cook eggs low and slow all the time, but a double boiler had never occurred to me. I’ll have to give that a go.