Real Life Cooking Mama: Share Your Cooking Projects

Sous vide home made feta-filled burger is amazing.

Shrimp and Grits made appropriately for Mother’s Day.

Cajun Shrimp Sauce made from Jekyll Island Recipe: http://deepsouthmag.com/2012/09/11/jekyll-island-club-hotels-shrimp-and-grits/ Grits were made with a combination of half Cheddar, half Pecorino Romano plus herbs.

Ooh, I love banana bread! :smiley:
My family likes to put chocolate chips in it.

Try walnut instead.

2 Likes

Oyakodon

2 Likes

Both together works well, too.

1 Like

#munchies

Nothing fancy but I made some homemade dinner rolls to go with a beef stew the other night:

Then the next night since the dinner rolls were gone I made some homemade biscuits to go with the leftover stew.

1 Like

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUcmKEOlhNL/

1 Like

Tried a new recipe tonight. Pork Egg Foo Young. It turned out way better than I thought it would. The sauce could use a little tinkering but overall it’d a keeper of a recipe.

Remember those toastr cakes that Thomas’ used to make? Well, I got a muffin top pan as a birthday gift so I made my own.

Jeremy and I are trying to eat better and cook more. We recently started a Hello Fresh subscription and have enjoyed it so far. From all the recent cooking it made me realize that it’s pertinent to invest in good cookware and got Calphalon pans.

It’s freaking night and day. Next investment: knives.

2 Likes

I got the Victorinox 8" chef’s knife and pairing knife, and I absolutely love 'em.

Edit: If you prefer the look, they also make it with traditional rosewood scales on the handle. However I like the fibrox because of it’s extreme grippy-ness; somehow through science and wizardry, it feels like normal plastic when dry but like fine-grit sandpaper when wet.

1 Like

I’ve moved into a new apartment and was testing out the kitchen today. The result: orange-chipotle-bourbon osso-bucco with mash.

Damn it was good.

5 Likes

I tried out a copycat recipe today, Perkins Potato Pancakes. They turned out pretty good. A mix of savory and slight sweetness.

2 Likes

If only I knew the history of baking powder was this fascinating.

3 Likes

How do you get the egg to stay together so well?

Made a pretty fine weeknight dinner. Steak salad with sesame-sweet chili dressing. Haloumi and sesame oil paired together is a wonderful thing.

I went full weeb and made hella salted pork ramen for my husband! ^^

4 Likes

I just used the two shell halves to remove the egg white and then delicately placed the yolk on top of the bowl.