PAX Unplugged 2019

According to discord, that invite link is still valid and has been used six times.

https://discordapp.com/invite/3CszeBr

If it says invalid, then that’s a problem with you or a problem with Discord. 6 other people have used it no problem.

1 Like

Yeah I just used Scott’s link without issue. If you are manually entering it on your phone app just enter the last bit case-sensitive.

Still looking for at least one more player for a Conspiracy draft. Most promising time right now is Sat morning (12/7) but there are a lot of potential times.

Draft will be casual, no buy in required.

link here if you would like to sign up https://meeting-for-good-jp.herokuapp.com/event/5de4716e2cf58b0014415f2f

1 Like

Why does PAX have a purple slime theme?

PAX has a new theme every year. For example, 2018 merch was all falling pixellated theme that looked like The Matrix. 2019s theme was this gross slime look.

Each PAX has its own colors. South is Orange, East is Red, West is Blue, AUS is Yellow, and Unplugged is Purple.

Therefore, PAX Unplugged 2019 has purple slime.

There is a new theme starting at South next month in 2020. It appears that it’s going to be a “PAX University” theme. We’re talking like, PAX letter jackets, and that sort of thing.

2 Likes

I got more of an Apple II vibe from the font.

yeah, I feel like it was intended to be more of a digital decay/corruption vibe.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun is a good gaming site. They just recently started a new tabletop focused site, and are doing a ton of stuff at Unplugged. Definitely not actually going to spend any time on their biz at PAX, but I am going to add their site to my feeds.

2 Likes

It took me a second to catch why that was so familiar, and then I realized - I heard about it not from RPS, but from Outside Xbox, because their DnD liveplay DM and Ex-eurogamer video guy/writer, Johnny, is also the lead host on the Dicebreaker youtube channel.

One nice think about PAX this year. I could pick up train tickets to Philly, by walking 20 minutes out of my way this year. Past years, it was more of an adventure parking downtown JUST to pick up tickets.

Update: I also notice they changed the main entrance from the Grand Hall to the front of the convention center. At least I have a shot at getting to sign up for a couple of the Genesys RPGs this year.

Apparently if you’re not logged in to discord, it says “Invite Invalid” rather than prompting to log in or sign up.

Bad UI, discord.

Discord? Bad UI Design? Let me list the ways…

1 Like

Allow me to destroy some of that monthly bandwidth.

Photo dump no one asked for

3 Likes

Ah, I went to a panel that featured 3 people from Dicebreaker and the SUSD boys. They were pretty entertaining and I do enjoy RPS so I’ll have to checkout Dicebreaker.

I was like 60% through and I said “If he manages to not have a Rocky statue pic I will be impressed” and then that was the next picture. Also Lolz at getting a photo of the union protest rat inflatables.

1 Like

In my defense it’s not a picture of the statue, it’s a picture of the people interacting with it, same thing with the shadows

1 Like

What was the deal with that dice game you guys were hyping in the discord channel about it selling out and trying to play. Why was it “so hot right now”?

1 Like

We’re reviewing this next Tuesday. I’ve played it enough to know.

It’s the hottest game I saw at PAX hands down.

1 Like