PAX Unplugged 2019

My personal recommendations:

Burger FI
BonChon chicken
Honeygrow (Fairly Vegan/Veg friendly)

Dim Sum Garden is great.

Though I will only be able to go to Sunday at Unplugged :frowning:

Also Iā€™m self sabotaging by telling more people about it but if you want coffee quick-ish for the con thats good (drip, espresso based drinks, etc.) Old City Coffee is my go-to in RTM. They have 2 locations within the building. A larger one on the 12th street side across from Pearlā€™s Oyster bar & a small location on the Arch street side right next to a set of doors and Metropolitan Bakery.

1 Like

For the [E] the time is now!

A PAX that still has weekend passes. Love it. Now for plane tickets.

Maybe this year I will see you!

I ordered my badges and booked a room. Feeling groovy.

1 Like

Still waiting on the full schedule to drop

It probably wonā€™t drop for until a month prior. You got a month and half.

JGray (the social media guy at Rtalsorian) just posted they will definitely have a merch table at pax unplugged this year. No word on if they will be running any game events for their system yet.

Excited since the physical copies of the Jumpstart kit still havenā€™t hit the store yet, might just wait till pax to buy it there.

Tickets bought, hotel booked, 3 day pass acquired, vacations requested!

5 Likes

@DigitalDeckard any anyone else still interested in a Conspiracy draft? Iā€™m starting to finalize plans and need to know if I should be bringing my booster boxes. If we can confirm 6-8 people I can bring them along.

1 Like

Definitely interested, still need to see the con schedule to see when would be a good time to play (I mostly attend panels and then wander around between them). Sunday afternoon-evening for sure is usually empty but there should be open windows on the friday and saturday too. Whats the buy-in (since you are kindly assembling the draft materials) ? Also I am a total draft noob IRL.

I love how even thislate to the game I can decided to come to unplugged. Having never been to an unplugged will there be a spot where frcf folks play games at my pace?

Yes thereā€™s is an open game table area

front row crew forum

Iā€™m basically asking if the people in this thread are gonna sit down and actually take their turns. unlike the majority of people I play games with.

1 Like

Aside from learn-2-play panels and events Iā€™ve actually played very little games at Pax Unplugged despite there being a ton of games in the library and table space for playing. Part of that was that Iā€™m mostly there with my wife and 1 friend at a time, but there are much more possibilities with FRCF peeps around. We should make a side Thread for the con thats basically Pax Unplugged 2019 Boardgame Meetups where people can coordinate.

at the last east and south I went to there were google hangouts we used

1 Like

Makes sense, better for real time communication.

I was leaning on saying no buy-in necessary; show up, play, and give the cards back to me at the end.

If people really want to do a buy-in I would lean towards saying cover the cost of packs ($10) and keep what you draft, no prize support.

And donā€™t worry about skill level, Conspiracy is a multiplayer format it shouldnā€™t be as cutthroat as a typical game. Iā€™m not a sanctioned judge but Iā€™ve been playing long enough that Iā€™m confident I can cover 99% of rules questions that would come up. I can explain the draft and specific Conspiracy mechanics before we start so everyone is on the same page.