Now that Donald Trump has Won

The hits keep coming and don’t stop coming…

Edit: Ha! MSNBC_chiron_Pecker_leaking

6 Likes

This was never really about trying to defund Planned Parenthood, no one thought the bill would succeed.

This was about getting Democratic Senators, in Red states and states Trump won, on the record voting the bill down in the hopes it will be used against them in the midterm elections.

1 Like

Now he’s trying to silence Google.

1 Like

This is pure evil… and I’m even starting to worry about my own status, despite already having a passport…

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/us-is-denying-passports-to-americans-along-the-border-throwing-their-citizenship-into-question/2018/08/29/1d630e84-a0da-11e8-a3dd-2a1991f075d5_story.html?utm_term=.b5ba0aaa7017

This is one of the items on my list of factors that will cause me to leave the country. It’s one more check toward giving up on the US…

2 Likes

The violation of due process is insane. If the government suspects you of having a fraudulent birth certificate, it should be up to them to establish the proof that it’s fraudulent. Not the way it’s being done here where you need to jump through impossible hoops if the government suspects yours of being fraudulent. Guilty unless proven innocent (and the criminals in this case would be the persons who filed the fraudulent certificates, not the poor babies, now adults, who got them).

4 Likes

Not that’s any consolation. But it seems that people being targeted are those born along the Texas border specifically those delivered by midwives. I was born in El Paso TX and not delivered by a midwife but it’s still worrying and all around fucked up.

Apparently, they’re also going after babies delivered by the gynecologist Dr. Jorge Treviño, so it’s not just midwives.

I’ve already been carrying my passport around for at least a year now as my legal name as it appears on my license, etc., happens to also be a Spanish name. The idea being that if I was caught up in some anti-immigrant sweep I’d at least have proof of citizenship handy. Now I’m concerned that’s not even enough as some jerkass cop/ICE agent/etc. could just claim that I got my passport via a fraudulent birth certificate.

1 Like

You’re making me nervous.

I’m already nervous.

1 Like

Okay, even the libertarian CATO institute is calling bullshit on ICE now as they are locking up US citizens:

In related news, it’s time to sever with Bank of America if you haven’t already.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/article217567300.html

2 Likes

For what it’s worth I meant for my own safety as an immigrant.

I’ve not heard any nonsense about harassing naturalized Canucks but things seem to be getting worse, not better.

Hey, I understand. I’m a son of immigrants with a Spanish-sounding name, so I’m probably in a similar boat as yours.

Trump just killed pay increases for federal employees in 2019. Sounds like a good way to piss of 2 million people with nothing to do on Election Day but vote 68 days before a pivotal midterm election.

2 Likes

Ugh I quit banking with them but I’m still paying off a a credit card… >_<

That’s Trump’s management style: He has to win all the time and for him to win everyone else has to lose. Which is a pretty shitty character trait to have in a President.

2 Likes

Find a new card that lets you transfer your balance and ditch it then, I guess…