Now that Donald Trump has Won

This.

When you are striking someone, you mentally have to strike through them to avoid pulling up short at impact. The same is true for movements. It is believed that MLK would not have been as effective if Malcom X or the Black Panther Party hadn’t been perceived as more extreme.

We need one facet of the party continually pushing what defines the leftmost of the overton window.

2 Likes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/federal-judge-rules-against-trump-justice-department-in-chicago-sanctuary-city-case/ar-BBL9Ntn

Until proven otherwise, I consider this the equivalent of the SS, and I intend to treat them as nothing more than fascist interlopers. Anyone who signs up is a Nazi.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/thomdunn/status/1024414041270304768

1 Like

3 Likes

It looks like the Ministry of Truth is operating at full force.

Capture

3 Likes

Right, because the kid died in the hospital later, so that means it’s the hospital’s fault.

This is exactly the same as when I shoot someone and they die in the ER later, so I didn’t actually kill them.

Abolish ICE.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=I-_4lNRMChI

It may not look like it by the title, but this belongs here. This is likely red meat to lions but I’m going to deeply internalize the lesson of this video. It puts words to a thing I’ve had a hard or even impossible time articulating recently.

3 Likes
1 Like
1 Like

Go back to paper votes.

2 Likes
1 Like

Manafort found guilty.

In other news…

The big takeaway is that Cohen plead guilty to making an unlawful corporate campaign contribution and making an excessive campaign contribution. That means that Trump is basically a conspirator on those charges as well if he knew about Cohen paying off Stormy Daniels, the attempt to buy the National Inquirer story, whatever.

Not a good day to be Trump.

Edited to add:

I honestly don’t know who is gonna have a worse night, “David Dennison” or Rudy Giuliani.

The money quote:

“Cohen said in a plea deal that “in coordination and at the direction of a candidate for federal office” he kept information that would have been harmful to the candidate and the campaign from becoming public.”

2 Likes

I don’t always love my senators. And in general I like Murphy more than Blumenthal however today I’m proud to have this guy:

1 Like

"David Pecker, the CEO of American Media Inc., has been granted immunity by federal prosecutors in a deal that led to him describing President Donald Trump’s role in hush agreements with women ahead of the 2016 election, according to The Wall Street Journal and Vanity "

Since Big Orange is all about the tabloids, this will both hurt personally as well likely be non-trivial legal leverage for various investigations.

1 Like

This is pretty big news actually. Pecker could confirm what Cohen has already said and plead to, strengthening any potential case against Trump. That’s important because prosecutors couldn’t convict John Edwards a couple years ago when he was charged with pretty much the same thing. Obviously, the more corroboration there is that Trump tried to pay off women for political purposes, the stronger the campaign violation charges against him will be.