Notable Deaths

I don’t know if there are more details about this example the change the narrative, but my biggest fear is pretty much that I work longer than I have to relative to the amount of time I will live after retiring. I would rather know when I will die so I can run out of the money on that day.

1 Like

I read Hatchet when I was in elementary school. It was such a good book.
R.I.P. Mr. Paulsen

1 Like

I am confused. He died literally a year ago. Your article is from 2020.

2 Likes

Do you not remember the plot of You only live twice? This was his second death.

1 Like

Only the healing power of the grail can save him now.

1 Like

Everything is a blur, I literally forgot he died and I’m now confused as to how this ended up in my newsfeed.

It happens sometimes when there’s an anniversary of a death like that. Someone will re-share it without context. If you didn’t know the person is already dead, and didn’t look carefully at the date on the article, it’s understandable how it could seem like they just died. I have made this mistake in the past. I’ve even made posts here and then quickly, or sometimes not so quickly, deleted them after realizing my mistake.

That’s actually one useful aspect of this thread. Searching it for the name of a celebrity is sometimes easier than going to their Wikipedia page and checking.

3 Likes

Dean Stockwell, whose “second act” led him to many roles in SF media, 85.

CW: Suicide

Apparently he killed himself after losing a divorce hearing with regard to repercussions from his domestic abuse.

1 Like