Notable Deaths

1 Like

I met him when he visited my primary school as the Green Cross Code Man! He even brought R2-D2!

R.I.P.

Frank Oz is dead?

The actor portraying the ghost of Anakin Skywalker on the left of that image is not David Prowse. Nor is it Frank Oz, who is thankfully still very much alive, making a cameo. It is the actor Sebastian Shaw, who has been deceased since 1994. Shaw also played Darth Vader in the unmasking scene at the end of RotJ.

Google, who was the voice actor for Yoda?

1 Like

Ah shit. Turns out I didn’t meet R2-D2 as a kid. It was this knock-off version instead.

4 Likes

I’ve been playing a game lately where I play headline editor for a rinky-dink newspaper.

BOVA BITES BULLET
Beloved bard buys the farm

So, the NT news?

I’m as shocked as you are that this is a real newspaper and not a parody.

3 Likes

NY Post is the US version, but yeah.

The best real headline I’ve ever seen was “Skywalkers in Korea cross Han Solo”, heights which I can only dream of attaining.

It’s a lot easier to come up with some awful alliteration or derpy rhyme.

5 Likes

I saw someone on Twitter comment that it is interesting that this collapse (which was unfortunately, anticipated after a cable failure some weeks ago) happened the same day China landed their probe on the Moon which will send a sample back to Earth soon. It is a complex topic of course, but indicative of directions the two nations are headed. Moreso than specifically space priorities, but infrastructure investment and relying on the past versus investing in the future.

Pat Patterson, aged 79. Professional wrestler, Vince McMahon’s right hand man in WWE and creator of the Royal Rumble.

1 Like
4 Likes

Nick Gatto

https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Benton-Banai-co-founder-of-American-Indian-15770792.php