There is a three-year-old post on the old forums where @Matt lays out a bunch of then-recent games that @Rym and @apreche should play:
As for heavy games that you guys could be checking out, if you want to be more recent than Hansa Teutonica, here is a cheat sheet for the past two and a half years of releases:
T'Zolkin: The Mayan Calendar*
Lewis & Clark
*I have actually played these ones and can vouch for them as good.
So... it's 2017. How many of these have we actually played in the past three years?
Rym has played Terra Mystica, Suburbia, T'zolkin, and Steam Park with us. I think Scott has played Lewis & Clark, Terra Mystica, and Glass Road at some non-PAX board game meetup. You both played Spyrium with us. I'm pretty sure one or both of you played Euphoria with Ro and Jeremy.
And... what popular medium-heavy strategy games would I add post-2014?
- Russian Railroads (Rym played this with us last year at West)
- Concordia (Scott played this at PAX South)
- Scythe (Scott played this at PAX West)
- Vast: The Crystal Caverns (Nudith owns this and has played it with Anthony)
- Castles of Mad King Ludwig (A sequel of sorts to Suburbia)
- Five Tribes
- A Feast for Odin
- First Class (Scott played this at MAGFest)
We've already played Yokohama, Grand Austria Hotel, The Voyages of Marco Polo, Viticulture, and Roll for the Galaxy.