I'm Saddened... (Board Games)

Interesting that Chudyk doesn’t do interviews. Probably wants to design games and be left the hell alone otherwise.

The GtR drama is still some of the most remarkable stuff I’ve ever heard.

Also, the Black Box print-and-play is easily findable in the BGG forums, so I suspect a reprint will never happen.

I got a sad news. Chwazi is busted. It doesn’t mix up its random seed.

I tested on my phone. If I close and open the app, it will always pick the finger that touched the screen first. An Android user reported that for them it always chose the finger that touched the screen last.

Bullshit, one sec. Yeah so in 6 attempts closing and opening the app in between I got (each number being the order in which the fingers were placed on the phone being selected) 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 3.

This looks random enough and certainly not having a rotating seed problem. I’m on android.

Ok, so I tested again. I think it was just a crazy coincidence. A person online claimed that theirs had this non-random bug. I tested my iPhone and was able to get first finger every time in like, 10 tries.

I went back and tested iPad, it’s random. Then i tested iPhone again, could not reproduce. I think it was just a string of bad luck at the exact moment I was looking for it. Go figure.

Good news, we can trust in the Chwazi!

If you really wanted to aggravate people, you could write a Chwazi that only exhibits that behavior at random five minute intervals and no more than once per day.

Say, when the bill arrives.

$104, I can afford that…

@pence @DemoWeasel did you play this at PAX? Or what are your thoughts/impressions?

I really want to play it, for sure. Theme and mechanisms are definitely in Demo territory.

Yeah. I’m not sure if it’s worth it. It seems up our alley as well, but an acquaintance we Game with says it was ok, however we differ in tastes/preferences. I am reading the rule book and so far, very interested.

However, Sept 2019 fulfillment?!

So, something new and interesting is coming to PAX AUS.

Does AUS not have an UnPub equivalent? Or is this something new that we could expect at other PAXes?

I mean, maybe, but it’s tiny and I’ve never heard of it if it has. And as for if you’ll see it at other PAXes, I suspect you might if it goes well.

UnPub is an organization where its a pick up and make it enviroment, so if any Aussies want to fly the noodle, they are allowed to.