General Cartoon Network Chat

Season 3 of Infinity Train is available now on HBO Max…or rather, the first half of it. The second half will be released in chunks on August 20 and 27, respectively.

In the updated version of the series, the titular superheroes are now disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?

Thanks I hate it

I have no hopes for that, but I feel there is potential in the idea. It needs a right tone and execution and understanding how extremely silly that premise is. Then something fun could come out of it.

My guess is they’re trying to capitalize on the popularity of The Umbrella Academy.

EDIT: Also, it’s getting another season.

Looks like season 8 will be the final season of The Venture Bros.

EDIT: The cancellation is confirmed.

That’s a terrible shame. The show is a god damned triumph.

Sad but probably for the best. After all the bombshells of S7 they’ve gotta cinch it all up or it’s gonna drag. They’re both truly exceptional writers and I’d love to see them put onto a larger team that can produce a season in less than 2 years.

Adult Swim’s surprise sudden response:

Streaming service? Comics? Maybe?

Reddit discussion seems to think the CEO change at cartoon network killed Venture Brothers.

I don’t think it would necessarily drag. This show did a good job of evolving everyone and everything in it over time. Major plots have come and gone. Big threads have been resolved and new ones made. There are a number of points where it could have wrapped up, but instead it just kept following these characters.

You know, they just kept living their lives.

This was a joke in the TTG movie, and now they’re really doing it. (It’s also coming to CN.)

Cartoon Network has recently renewed their trademark for the Cartoonstitute.

This was the program that got Regular Show and Uncle Grandpa greenlit. It’ll be great to see another one, and I hope they share the shorts on YouTube again.

CN’s huge programming slate announced.

Infinity Train Book Four HELL YEAH!
EDIT: Also, Gumball Movie HELL YEAH!

Hanna-Barbera is back!
Yes, really.

Venture Bros. has been saved! It’s getting a new movie, as well as two other Adult Swim shows!

4 Likes
1 Like