Games You are Currently Playing

It has what, like four different processors working in tandem on various things?

I went with:

The Witcher 3
Fallout New Vegas
Batman: Arkham Knight
Sid Meierā€™s Civilization V/VI (I could nominate either)
Just Cause 2
Borderlands 2
Zelda: BotW
Papers, Please
Far Cry 4
Sleeping Dogs

2 Likes

Untitled Goose Game is very good, very whimsical, only takes about 3 hours, and has the funniest ending to a game Iā€™ve seen in years. Juliane and I really enjoyed solving the problems together.

We probably wonā€™t go for all the extra challenges, but itā€™ll be fun to see what else there is to peck and honk at in the world.

1 Like

100% agreed on the ending.

Oh lord, I almost want to try the ā€œmobileā€ Call of Duty that Activision Blizzard put out with Tencent (one of the root causes of the current Chinese censorship situation) so I can make fun of it.

Itā€™s a mobile multiplayer CoD-style FPS. Straight up.

And Iā€™m already reading reports that people are playing it with a mouse and keyboard and destroying anyone actually using phone controls.

If the game takes off, the competitive scene will literally be pros playing this with mice and keyboards, either via mobile emulators or by connecting these things to their phonesā€¦

I mean, thatā€™s pretty much what happened to Fortnite, afaik, except at least that has a PC version.

Fortnite segregates players based on the control scheme theyā€™re using. AFAIK, itā€™s considered ā€œcheatingā€ to use a mouse and keyboard, but play against people using controllers.

https://youtu.be/c2NChEr7sNU

1 Like

15 characters of LOOOOOOOL!

1 Like

I and my friends are specifically saying Free Hong Kong in any blizz games and any Riot games (since they are wholly owned by Tencent).

1 Like

Cricket Through the Ages. Itā€™s a two player, one button QWOP game about throwing things and hitting things with other things.

Itā€™s on Apple Arcade, and Iā€™m seeing whatā€™s what with the free trial.

1 Like

Iā€™m doing the GLHF, LHK thing in allchat in Overwatch. I see other people doing it as well.

Iā€™ve seen a lot of GG, LHK too.

Itā€™s minor, but itā€™s exactly the kind of thing that gets Chinese censors to cut things off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBqhdggM5rc

I have recently really turned a corner on Apex: Legends. I have always been kinda shit at shooters, but playing a lot of Apex I have improved a lot. My accuracy is improving, I am getting more kills or at least assists with damage on target, just generally overall not sucking as much. I donā€™t know what it is about Apex particularly but for whatever reason this is the game that clicked. Maybe Iā€™ll be able to do better in other shooters now?

1 Like

Outer Worlds is everything I would hope for.

4 Likes

Not gonna lie, itā€™s the second most intriguing ^Outer W(or|i)lds$ video game Iā€™ve heard about in the last week.

3 Likes

Ring Fit Adventures day 1 was a more intense workout than I was ready for.

2 Likes

I just cancelled my wow classic subscription. It was fun for a bit. But blizz isnā€™t being endeering, most of my friends left and I remembered just howā€¦ awful the average gamer is.

Like, I sometimes have to venture outside my immediate social circles. Places like this forum and my job and my friends both back in CT and here in the city and I rememberā€¦

Sometimes I wonder if Iā€™m wrong about the concept of progress. Or if average is a meaningless term when it comes to social attitudes.

I finished my first playthrough of Nier: Automata. I really enjoyed this game. Fun action, great story, gorgeous graphics, amazing music.

Started my second playthrough and Iā€™m really enjoying the gameplay changes so far.

So youve done 1/3 of the game :wink:

1 Like